• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. W

The viral origin of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (Hanson, 2023)

Dear Violeta, It is inevitable that the use of common abbreviations, such as ACE, can lead to misinterpretations as to the intended meaning. I use the term ACE as an abbreviation for a mechanism by which all forms of life can maintain the energy required for normal cellular...
  2. W

The viral origin of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (Hanson, 2023)

Dear Violeta, Thank you for pointing out the potential interactions between stealth adapted cytomegaloviruses and the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Fortunately, CFS patients are not exceedingly susceptible to severe Covid-19 infections. Stealth adaptation of the SARS-CoV-2 virus remains a distinct...
  3. W

I posted the following comment regarding Dr. Hanson’s article. It refers to research on stealth adapted viruses. I doubt that Dr. Hanson had read any of the referenced articles. Nor do I believe have any readers of Phoenix Rising. CFS communities could, however, assist in their own cause by...
  4. W

Stealth Adapted Virus Encephalopathy

I re-posted the article in hopes that there would be at least a few open-minded viewers. The issue is not whether atypically structured, monkey-derived viruses exist. There are unmistakable DNA sequence data on GenBank for such viruses; as well as a published study of the illness they can cause...
  5. W

Stealth Adapted Virus Encephalopathy

I am posting this summary article from some years ago to remind readers of the existence of stealth adapted viruses. Expanding research into these viruses will lead to more directed therapies, especially through the alternative cellular energy (ACE) pathway. The article is available at...
  6. W

CFS Mycoplasma Doxycycline

The detection of mycoplasma sequences in CFS patients can be due to their incorporation into stealth adapted viruses. This is explained in an article posted at https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.10.11.511846v2
  7. W

I have had CFS for 6 years and my wife just developed it too

Viruses can be symptomatic in only a small percentage of those who are infected. For example, polio paralysis occurs in approximately 1 in 100 of those infected. Positive examples of intrafamily illnesses far outweigh the argument of excluding virus transmission because of the low frequency of...
  8. W

Advances in Understanding the Pathophysiologyof Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (Komaroff, 2019)

Dear Members, On July 17, 2019, I submitted the following comment to JAMA in response to Dr. Komaroff's article. Although my comment was not accepted for publication, it does express a valid opinion regarding the erroneous classification of CFS as a disease entity. Dr. Komoraff's...
  9. W

Stealth Adapted Viruses - Videos Summarizing Early Research

Dear sb4, The exclusion zone (EZ) water as described by Dr. Pollack is fundamentally different from what is being called KELEA activated water. For example, EZ water has increased rather than decreased viscosity and has a slower rather than a faster realignment time by nuclear...
  10. W

Stealth Adapted Viruses - Videos Summarizing Early Research

Dear Members, I have recorded a series of six YouTube videos that sequentially summarize the early published research on stealth adapted viruses. The videos are intended to remove any doubts regarding the existence of stealth adapted viruses. The videos may also help redirect some of the...
  11. W

Stealth Adapted Viruses and the ACE Pathway

Dear Learner1, Thank you for your inquiry. I am pleased to provide links to a selection of earlier and more recent publications. Abstracts only are freely available to some of the earlier listed publications, with a paywall for the full text. The first listed early article is...
  12. W

Stealth Adapted Viruses and the ACE Pathway

Dear Members, I recently posted a video on YouTube, entitled "Alternative Cellular Energy (ACE)" It briefly reviews some of the research on stealth adapted viruses and the alternative cellular energy (ACE) pathway. I hope the video will generate interest and a sense of optimism...
  13. W

A 50,000 Foot Overview of Major ME/CFS Theories

Dear Scott, Stealth adapted viruses are contagious. In addition to animal studies, the evidence comes from “family illnesses of presumptive infectious origin” in which the affected family members have positive virus cultures. The diverse range of clinical illnesses in the families...
  14. W

Dear Stretched, The heightened immune response induced by vaccination, including tetanus vaccine, can potentially trigger tissue-damaging reactions against remaining minor antigens expressed on stealth adapted virus-infected cells. Vaccine provocation of a pre-existing stealth...
  15. W

Dear Jesse, Thanks for asking. The main developments have been in i) showing that the ACE pathway is reflected in a dynamic (kinetic) quality of the body’s fluids; ii) that the energy comes from an environmental force, which I am calling KELEA (kinetic energy limiting electrostatic attraction)...
  16. W

The CFS community has yet to acknowledge data showing that CFS is part of a wider spectrum of brain-damaging illnesses due to infection with stealth adapted viruses. These viruses largely go unrecognized by the cellular immune system because of the deletion or mutation of genes coding for the...
  17. W

Unknow virus Triggering cfs like symptoms video

The illness in China may help refocus CFS endeavors towards stealth adapted viruses. The current emphasis on metabolomics and/or immunological markers in CFS patients appear to be directed at developing marketable diagnostic tests. This approach is unlikely to succeed with a heterogeneous...
  18. W

Entire USA ME/CFS research budget cut?

Public health authorities are far more responsive to infectious diseases than to illnesses attributed to metabolic dysfunctions. Conversely, diagnostic testing corporations benefit in proportion to the number of novel metabolites that can be tested in the pursuit of “precision medicine.” This...
  19. W

What if ME is simply brain damage after encephalitis?

Patient-derived stealth adapted viruses induce illness when inoculated into cats (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8821627). The pathology is systemic, but major manifestations are primarily neurological, including pain, photophobia, and reclusive behavior. The brain differs from other organs...
  20. W

Dear Woolie, Neurons and neurosensory cells initially become hyper-excitable in response to insufficient cellular energy (ICE). This can be followed by neuronal cell quiescence in which cells remain viable but without sufficient energy to perform more specialized cellular functions...
  21. W

Dear Sarah, You can Google Stealth Adapted Viruses and look for publications. You are welcomed to directly e-mail me for more info.
  22. W

Dear Sarah, CFS fits within a broad spectrum of symptomatic illnesses caused by persisting virus infections. The infections persist because the viruses have lost or mutated the genes coding for the major virus components normally targeted by the cellular immune system. The body has an...
  23. W

CFS as a Stealth Adapted Virus Infection

Dear Members, To acknowledge CFS day, I am pleased to share a March 21 comment I made in response to an article by Dr. Francis Collins on his NIH Director’s Blog. My comment to Dr. Collins was as follows: “I published an article in 1994 in the American Journal of Pathology entitled...
  24. W

My Million Dollar Question: Virus or Immune Malfunction?

There are barriers to acknowledging the role of stealth adapted viruses in CFS: 1. Public Health authorities are challenged with evidence of an African green monkey simian cytomegalovirus (SCMV) origin of some of these viruses. 2. Most clinicians treating CFS patients are not trained in virology...
  25. W

Dr. Holtorf on Infectious Causes of ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia

Dr. Holtorf’s article provides 11 references to “stealth adaptation” of viruses (References 28-38). Many CFS patients are dismissive of this concept, in part because it was not embraced by public health authorities. Yet it is a valuable indication of the body having a non-immunological defense...
  26. W

Summary of Research on Stealth Adapted Viruses

Dear Members I am pleased to update individuals within the CFS communities on continuing efforts to investigate their illness. I refer to a recent publication available at http://www.juniperpublishers.com/jvcr/pdf/JVCR.MS.ID.555551.pdf Hopefully, reading the article will provide a sense of...
  27. W

Dear Phoenix Burger and Wastwater, The discovery of stealth adapted SCMV in CFS patients posed several major problems for public health authorities. First, it implied a very likely origin from monkeys used to produce polio vaccines; with the added suggestion that contaminated...
  28. W

Dear Wastwater, Thanks for acknowledging SCMV as a viral cause of CFS. Public Health authorities have yet to acknowledge a 1994 article entitled "Cytomegalovirus-related sequences in an atypical cytopathic virus repeatedly isolated from a patient with chronic fatigue syndrome." Am...
  29. W

Viral Epidemics Sweep the Globe

Dear Members, The article by Ms. Jamie Sams was probably written in late 2001. Additional interesting articles are available at her web site www.emergingworlds.com While the cited article has several factual errors, it correctly describes CFS as a virus encephalopathy. It also...
  30. W

Stealth Adapted Viruses

Dear Members, I am pleased to inform you of a renewed effort to focus attention on stealth adapted viruses as the cause of CFS. I did so by submitting the following public comment to the Institute’s of Medicine Committee for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Dear Sir...