• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

ME/CFS without fatigue

Could you answer this questions please?
  2. D

ME/CFS without fatigue

How long does a cognitive crash/pem usually last? What diseases exactly? What tests should I do to know if I have OI, and how does it get treated?
  3. D

ME/CFS without fatigue

Has anyone one of you symptoms such as brian fog, cognitive problems (like decrease in QI and difficults thinking clearly, formulating complex sentences, concentrating and reading), mental fatigue, hypersensitivity to noises, memory problems, sleep disorders and urinary frequency which...
  4. D

Anyone else improve when angry?

It is a matter of minutes, tens of minutes or hours? And it lasts for a while even if you have calmed down?
  5. D

Usually how long does your improved mental state due to anger/stress last?
  6. D

Question about PET/SPECT

Hi, has anyone of you done a PET and/or a SPECT scan? If so, what were the results? And how did you manage to get such a test prescribed? There is someone that has cognitive dysfunction such as slow thinking, inability to formulate articulate toughts, difficult understanding things, decrease in...
  7. D

I'm trying to find the positive aspect in this..it is possible that this is a signal that our brain is not permanently damaged, because if it was it should not be able to return to function well in any kind of circustamce, no matter how briefly. Honestly and objectively speaking ( I don't want...
  8. D

I have noticed that my cognitive ability ( usually severely impaired) improve considerably for a slight amount of time if I get somehow angry. It has happened three times in a row so I don't think it is a coincidence. has anyone alse here experienced something similar? Can it be because when...