• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Laurajnyc

Ozone Therapy

Huh. I got sick after SIBO treatment. I always wondered if the Xifaxan and Flagyl caused it. But it was also after a trip where I took walks near the woods so maybe it was Lyme? What was interesting was that the HBOT worked so it makes me think it was bacterial. But, FYI, the HBOT did not...
  2. Laurajnyc

Ozone Therapy

Hi Tiffyshea - I had autohemotherapy ozone therapy. I did not feel anything. No bad effect. No good effects that I could detect. For me, CFS was not just fatigue. I felt ill all the time. HBOT cured me of that, but left me with fatigue. I'm successfully addressing the fatigue with diet and...
  3. Laurajnyc

Ozone Therapy

I'm very interested in whether people here have had benefit from that. It would be very convenient to have a smaller home unit here.
  4. Laurajnyc

Ozone Therapy

true and I'm going to look into it. However, you can't get the higher pressure in a home unit or the same mix of oxygen. I did not start to heal until they increased my pressure from 1.5 ATA to 2.0 ATA.
  5. Laurajnyc

Ozone Therapy

I had both ozone therapy (autohemotherapy) and hyperbaric. The ozone did nothing for me. Very disappointing. When I was very sick in 2017, it was the hyperbaric, at a pressure of 2.0, that was the one thing that worked. I wish it was not so expensive.
  6. Laurajnyc

Anyone have experience with these things my Dr. recommended?

Hi there! I didn't read your profile so I'm not sure of your condition, but I credit hyperbaric treatment with the beginning of my recovery. It did not work at a pressure of 1.5, but it did work once they increased the pressure to 2. Makes me think the basis for the CFS was bacterial - maybe...
  7. Laurajnyc

Long-term daily mHBOT and full recoveries w/ ongoing maintenance

Hi Joh, I would say I have CFS and not ME. I may be wrong but to me, ME suggests a condition where you are bedridden. I couldn't manage socializing or working outside of the home, but I could make it to a park and I could talk on the phone. I was referred to Dr. Lipkin through my CFS doctor...
  8. Laurajnyc

Hi Frederic, I would say I don't care about SIBO anymore. To be clear, my diet is crazy strict and weird. It's no grains, starches or yeast. It's like a bagel and a Chardonnay would kill me. I eat lots of low fat protein and vegetables. I've lost over 25 lbs, but for me that's a good thing...
  9. Laurajnyc

I had tested postive for methane SIBO. I had digestive symptoms such as bloating. But I wasn't ill. I can't say for sure that the antibiotics tipped me into illness. I finished the antibiotics in September and began to feel ill in October. It took a few months to get bad.
  10. Laurajnyc

I was not sick before the course of antibiotics. I slowly became ill Fall of 2016. I started hyperbaric in July 2017. I started to feel better a few weeks later, in August.
  11. Laurajnyc

Thanks. The last thing I want to do is take antibiotics as I think the Rifaxamin/Flagyl SIBO treatment in September 2016 tipped me into CFS. I was tested for Lyme. Regardless, I wanted to share my success in the hopes that it could help someone.
  12. Laurajnyc

A doctor and my Aunt mentioned it sort of at the same time. And it seems pretty safe and without side effects. Are you thinking of trying it?
  13. Laurajnyc

The lower pressure did not work for me. I am working on slowly reducing my visits. I do understand about a maintenance schedule.
  14. Laurajnyc

CRAZY ECZEMA

Thanks! So great to have all these good ideas in one place.
  15. Laurajnyc

Hi there! Are you in NYC? I go to Hyperbaric Medical Solutions (https://www.hyperbaricmedicalsolutions.com/). It's on 32nd between Lex and Third. It's $, but there's a discount for buying a package. Also, I called NYU to see what the cost would be and it was QUADRUPLE! I had also called a...
  16. Laurajnyc

Jesse - I think the HBOT is relieving me of a bacterial infection. I think dysbiosis can be a reflection of your system in general - if you have bad bacteria in your system it will also be found in the gut. I think SIBO is almost impossible to treat and may not be the primary cause of...
  17. Laurajnyc

C Correct. It took the increased pressure for me to feel improvement. Re the labs - - I did have high Epstein Barr levels. The antivirals my CFS doctors prescribed did not do much. - My rhuematology labs indicated there was positive autoimmune activity. I am waiting on new results to see if...
  18. Laurajnyc

Hi Jesse, I was very sick. I felt ill all the time. I had a home health care aide. Taking a shower took enormous energy. We had stopped socializing. I had 10 sessions. 1 hour a day for 2 weeks at a pressure of 1.5. I ran into the director of the facility and I told him that I felt like I...
  19. Laurajnyc

I'm so glad I found this thread. Hyperbaric is making me well. I am so happy to have found something. I have had around 50 sessions. I'm well enough that I'm backing off a little. Hoping to get down to 10 sessions a month and then 5 sessions (maintenance) a month. Very expensive here in...
  20. Laurajnyc

CRAZY ECZEMA

So glad to hear you've got a working treatment plan! I should have posted earlier. My eczema is cleared!!!! (for now). Here's what worked: 1. bleach baths were good for decreasing itch and swelling in my hands. 2. I read The Eczema Diet https://www.jolieeskin.com/collections/books. It was...
  21. Laurajnyc

CRAZY ECZEMA

I've had good experience reducing itch and swelling with Dead Sea salt soaks. I do it for 20 minutes for my hands or eyes. I've been doing bleach baths 15-20 minutes. I think it's working for my hands and arms.
  22. Laurajnyc

CRAZY ECZEMA

Interesting. Prescription antibiotics cleared up my hands, but nothing else. Flaxseed oil seems to help my hands. Soaking my eyes with Dead Sea salt water reduced redness, itch and swelling. Bleach baths help my arms and hands B12 and D3 were initially very helpful Roche-Posay Lipikar was one of...
  23. Laurajnyc

CRAZY ECZEMA

Anyone else overwhelmed by eczema? It's on my eyelids. It's on my neck, hands and arms. I walk around with an ice pack on my neck because of the burning. My eczema is impacted by diet. I think a bagel would kill me (yeast). The eczema started years ago, before the CFS. But I believe it's all...