• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

bowel issues and osteoporosis medication question

I would be interested to know what you have heard about these medications. While I was on Alendronic acid (5yrs) my bone density improved. I have been off it for 18 months now and it has again decreased. My osteo consultant wants me to go on a newer but similar med. just saw my physio...
  2. L

thanks for your response. Yes I have been on calcium and vitamin D for many years now. The alendronite meds kill of the cells that make the bones deteriorate. so that the cells that regenerate bone can be more effective.
  3. L

Hello, I had some bowel issues for quite a few years before getting M.E. My GI doc realised I was vitamin D deficient as a result and sent me for a bone scan which revealed osteoporosis. About a month after commencing Alendronic Acid for Osteoporosis I developed M.E. Has anyone else had a...