• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Brixtonian

What's your opinion of Dr Myhill?

Sorry to hear that Ken. Can you tell us more? I'm following a treatment regime similar to Myhill's and I'm very interested to hear about other people's experiences.
  2. Brixtonian

What on earth is the point of considering d-ribose on its own? It's just one small component of a long treatment which may take many months to have an effect. It may make you feel worse before it gets better. And it won't work for some patients. And other sugars are irrelevant. So is your...
  3. Brixtonian

Do you have the right scientific/clinical background to form this judgement? As we all know, it's extremely hard to find a qualified doctor who has studied nutrition to an advanced level. I would have thought that only somebody with that sort of training is equipped to assess Myhill's work. I...
  4. Brixtonian

I would be cautious about inferring too much from that article. It cites 2 unhappy patients who say they have ALS, a rare disease for which there is no definitive test and has symptoms which overlap with many other conditions. One of the patients is trying to build a legal case. The story's by a...
  5. Brixtonian

I'm struggling to understand the scorn which has greeted Myhill's "ribose with coffee" suggestion. Perhaps people have overlooked the context, which is her version of the stone age diet? This is a given if you are taking Myhill's advice. And the only sugar permitted on this diet is d-ribose. So...
  6. Brixtonian

How do I get an ATP profile test in the UK?

Alex, if you read a little further down that page on Myhill's site you will see that she suggests you find another doctor via the BSEM site. There's a link so you can search for one. I did that and have been seeing Dr Franziska Meuschel in London. Her office is in the Biolab building, off Harley...