• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. coomacats

earworm torment (a.k.a. auditory imagery loop)

Will do, Canan. At least when we can't fix a problem in our bodies directly, we always have the option to work on our general health and nutrition, level of inflammation etc and hope that this will influence the offending symptom. Good luck!
  2. coomacats

Hi Canan I'm so sorry to read you've had this problem for so long. I had it for a week and it was hell. However it was transitory for me. I cannot imagine having it for 5 years - it would be like having a migraine or a very bad toothache for 5 years. I think I agree with Cheesus and Googsta in...
  3. coomacats

Hi GypsyA, svetoslav80 and Little Bluestem I'm happy to report I haven't had another serious bout of ear worm. Looking back, it may have been the meditation itself that caused the two big attacks, as it was the only thing I was doing differently around that time. Either I wasn't doing the...
  4. coomacats

Hi Justy--Man or Muppet's a cute song! I hadn't heard it from here (in my anchorite's cave). I too have the phenomenon of the same song going round last thing at night and first thing in the morning (etcetera, for many days in a row sometimes). However, perhaps due to taking sleeping meds, I've...
  5. coomacats

OK, good luck. I've just signed up for the Gupta program myself :thumbsup:
  6. coomacats

anyone tried the gupta programme?

gracieallen143: Hi, I just bought the program from Gupta's website as I haven't hear back from john66. Good luck with getting a copy for yourself.
  7. coomacats

Hi Googsta and Esperanza, thanks for replying! Googsta: you describe almost exactly what I've been having, except in my case I always have the background music, it's only the "torture" that came on as a new symptom. (Using the word "torture" to get across the seriously severe inability to...
  8. coomacats

Thanks for the info on ACT, Adster and taniaaust1! I've found a book on ACT and it is fitting in really nicely with my recently-begun mindfulness meditation :) I'd still like to try Gupta's therapy as there is so much new evidence on brain plasticity that has emerged in the last decade. There...
  9. coomacats

Hi roxie60 Like you, I hope your link helps someone. However, what I am describing is not like tinnitus. I also have tinnitus, and that sounds like a "real" noise, whether it comes from a problem in the auditory nerve/apparatus or the brain, it mimics a real noise somehow. My tinnitus is made...
  10. coomacats

Hi, Wondering if my experience with earworms (song stuck in the brain on enfless replay) is yet another new CFS symptom. Anyone else out there with it? There is a discussion of the kind of heavy duty earworms or auditory image loops that I'm talking about at Broken Record Syndrome part 1. I...
  11. coomacats

Hi john66-- I would be interested in "inheriting" your Gupta Program if it's still available. I've been tossing up whether to try out the program for a while.
  12. coomacats

Article: A Drug For ME/CFS? The Rituximab Story

Hi Cort Thanks for your site--it's a blessing! I've been reading here for months but this is my first post. About five years ago I had chemotherapy as an adjunct to radiotherapy for cancer. I believe the drug was 5-fluoruracil, and I was to have it in two sessions of a week each, one near...