• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. krzysiek.s

Started Methylation Supplements, Ended Up In The ER - And Symptoms Still Persist

@caledonia @lakesarecool Hey guys :) Yesterday was pretty good, took niacin 50mg on an empty stomach in the morning and finally got a flush. Then after that I ate some food, went for a run and had some food. Took smaller doses of niacin, around 30mg throughout the day, and after maybe 3 of...
  2. krzysiek.s

Started Methylation Supplements, Ended Up In The ER - And Symptoms Still Persist

@lakesarecool @caledonia Hey guys, Sorry for doubling up on messages here :) Today after I had dinner (pretty much my only meal of the day, but it was big) which was from Red Rooster (a chicken sandwich, chicken nuggets, frozen raspberries, apple pie) my anxiety seemed to flare up within...
  3. krzysiek.s

@caledonia When you say 80mg was your sweet spot, do you mean that was the point before you got a niacin flush? ie: higher doses would result in a niacin flush? So your advice is to find that sweet spot (whatever it is for me), and keep going with it, until I get to a point where the sweet...
  4. krzysiek.s

Thank you @lakesarecool ! I have been supplementing it again today, it must be the 2nd or 3rd day today. I will reply in the next post in a bit more detail, for both you and Caledonia to check out :)
  5. krzysiek.s

Had hamburgers for dinner today, something I have eaten many times before and my anxiety seemed to kick off sometime after dinner. As I think about this, I just think I am more anxious than I think I am, because I was thinking "meat has B12, if I eat meat this may spark up again" and rest...
  6. krzysiek.s

@caledonia thanks very much for your reply! It's your replies in other threads + the guides you have put together in your signature that have given me most comfort when going through these 'turbulent' times. So, thank you for all of that + for your help here in this thread. I really do...
  7. krzysiek.s

@caledonia Hey! Would you mind helping me out here? I've read many of yours posts, plus all of your resources in your signature. I would love to hear what you think and could recommend in my case? One thing that gave me a lot of comfort was in your signature, I think it was one of the PDF's, it...
  8. krzysiek.s

@Eastman and @lakesarecool and @Basilico Thank you all for your responses! I've reviewed them and will be going over them again tomorrow to take more notes on the key points. What I am doing now is testing my reaction to a few things: 1. Coconut water 2. Nicotinic acid 3. Increasing...
  9. krzysiek.s

@lakesarecool when you said this: " You know what was aggravating my muscle stiffness, tingling legs, acidosis type symptoms, stomach pain, dysphagia, etc. If you guessed Potassium you deserve to win a prize but I'll leave that to someone more generous to send your way :). " Did you mean...
  10. krzysiek.s

Thanks for your help! I have looked at the heartfixer guide when I was analysing my own mutations, which was a very good resource. For the time being I want to chill out and not do any more supplementation as I am worried. I just want all of this to go back to normal, so that when I experiment...
  11. krzysiek.s

@lakesarecool in re-reading your post in case I missed anything, I saw the part about coconut water warning again. Can you tell me, how did you know you were reacting badly to it? I have been drinking it since like May 13th daily (about 1L or 32oz) per day. I don't feel like I react poorly to...
  12. krzysiek.s

@lakesarecool thanks very much for your super in depth reply. I really appreciate you taking the time out for me here and helping out. Going through this has been a little scary to be honest (mostly at the start when I had no idea what was happening, less so now) so I honestly appreciate your...
  13. krzysiek.s

@picante That's an interesting question in regards to particular times of day. What I am finding is that some days (for a day or two) I seem to have returned back to normal baseline, no anxiety. Then out of no where, my general anxiety levels creeps back up. This has happened maybe 2 or 3...
  14. krzysiek.s

@Sushi thank you :) I have learned my lesson too. I took what others were saying a little too lightly and clearly started off too strong, and was under prepared in many ways. I've taken supplements before, but usually when you stop any side effects also stop. This is the first time I've taken...
  15. krzysiek.s

@Sushi thanks for that! When you say you got very sick, do you mean you had symptoms of overmethylation?
  16. krzysiek.s

@Eastman thanks for your reply, hearing that from you gives me some comfort that my situation is not "uniquely messed up". When you say you got overstimulated with a lower dose, what was the dose and how many times / days did you take it for? What were some of the symptoms of overstimulation...
  17. krzysiek.s

Those who have stopped methyl supps due to bad reaction, how long did it take to get back to normal?

@jnwp how are things going for you now? I have created a new thread recently (take a look in my profile) and seem to be going through sort of similar symptoms to you. I've stopped all supplementation on pretty much day 4, but a couple of weeks on symptoms persist. My symptoms are primarily what...
  18. krzysiek.s

It looks like I couldn't edit this thread, but to summarize some of what I have experienced since: - I am more tired (require more time sleeping) - Lower libido (wasn't that high before but feels lower now_ - General anxiety (had 1 panic attack) - Cold hands and feet (it's winter here, this...
  19. krzysiek.s

Poor Methylation Reaction - Tingling Legs, Increased Heart Rate, Depression

Hi @lakesarecool it seems I have had a very similar experience to you. Still working through it. Could you PM me? I'd love to hear how you are getting on with all of this?
  20. krzysiek.s

Hi Team, Until a couple of months ago, I was not even aware that methylation was a "thing". I only found out about it after doing a 23andme test, which I started to explore further, and found out it could give me a lot more data than I originally thought. This is when I found out I could take...