• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Weaver31

Feeling exhausted after bowel movement

I have this too. Right before and immediately afterwards for 30 min. Sometimes it's heart racing, flu like, or malaise. I've wondered if it's not some sort of cytokine release from the intestines
  2. Weaver31

Anyone done an iron infusion?

Hi! I didn't react either. They have a new iron that doesn't react as much apparently. My hematologist ordered the test to see if my ferritin level of 10 was contributing to my fatigue. I'm always also borderline or anemic in my RBC and my red blood cells are pretty large. B12 is fine. Iron is...
  3. Weaver31

Has anyone tried Venofer IV's to increase iron/ferritin?

Thanks for the reply. I totally understand your hesitation. It's not worth a huge reaction. I did end up trying it. No reaction so far. I was stunned. I react to b12 but not iron. Very strange indeed. I'll fill everyone in once a couple weeks pass to see if it made any difference in energy
  4. Weaver31

Anyone done an iron infusion?

Hi Everyone, I noticed people were chatting about an iron infusion last year. Did anyone actually do it? I am headed in for one today and pretty nervous, but really want the good effects of higher ferritin.
  5. Weaver31

Has anyone tried Venofer IV's to increase iron/ferritin?

Hi everyone, if anyone is still reading this post, I am headed in for an iron infusion today. I'm a little worried about it and plan to have them do seriously do one drip to test before pouring it in. This past Fall I had reactions to most things that were IV, including B12, and other Bs and...