• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Ponderings and speculations about purinergic signaling, in pursuit of a unified ME/CFS theory

@Murph, I keep coming back to phosphorylation and low adenosine - so I'm back on the coffee :) I've been reading the old original potato apyrase experiments which talk about ATP and the way it competitively interacts with ADP, AMP and adenosine. I wondered if this is the metabolic trap Phair was...
  2. M

Sticky Teeth sensation after exertion

I have this too. it started happening after dentistry work where the trigeminal nerve was injected with anaesthetic. Burning mouth syndrome started not long after with TMJ activation/guarding - I could barely chew properly. The TMJ has settled down now. The dentist took a look at it last...
  3. M

Ponderings and speculations about purinergic signaling, in pursuit of a unified ME/CFS theory

NB - I'm a newb so I can't tag anyone in this post...or I just can't figure out how to do it!! Firstly, necessary8 can I please acknowledge your considerable skill in writing this thread – must have burnt a shedload of energy you don’t have. Thank you so very much – your information clarified...