• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. shelley

Nose bleeds?

My daughter, who has POTS often pours with blood from her nose, it's happens quite often while she's asleep, she rushes to the loo in the middle of the night. I've not mentioned it to her doctor though, as I've not thought it to be relevant...although, you just don't realise sometimes what is...
  2. shelley

Age Of First Symptoms?

Hi taniaaust1, thanks for explaining so well about your experiences :Retro cool:, my daughter hasn't actually been diagnosed with cfs/me, POTS is what she has. So it's more common for cfs patients to develop POTS than the other way around, that's interesting. rlc, thanks for your best wishes! I...
  3. shelley

Age Of First Symptoms?

thanks for your replies Alex and GG.... Edema....that' swelling isn't it, I'll look into that,
  4. shelley

Age Of First Symptoms?

Thanks for those links I'll have to talk to the GP.... Francelle, you put up a thread about Myclonic jerks, I was really interested because my daughter 'jolts', all of a sudden her whole body moves just once, like as I can only descibe as a jolt... could be up to 4 times a day, sometimes a...
  5. shelley

Age Of First Symptoms?

rwinsmom ,Hi, so sorry to hear of your really long illness, such a struggle with a young family....... forgive me if I sound terribly ignorant but how do they differentiate between Pots and CFS, in a case such as yours, when the symptoms are so alike....I've been hearing everyone's symptoms and...
  6. shelley

Age Of First Symptoms?

QUOTE=Crus;148229]Same here, since i remember i was sick, but living a normal life so i was not able to see that i was really sick, being tired was a normal thing for me. But when was 17-18 years old everything changed and i got "the flu" until today that i am 31. Thanks for your replies...
  7. shelley

Age Of First Symptoms?

Hello, I've been learning so much from reading about all your experiences and been picking up some much needed advice, I can't tell you what a revelation I've had today as before I've been pretty much in the dark. I think I might be a bit different as I'm posting on behalf of my daughter, who...