• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Malabsorption and I think Diarrhea (WARNING: GROSS IMG)

livingiwthcfids: I have very similar looking stools, and was told it's likely due to leaky gut and/or parasites. I know for a fact I have parasites, and they can be tough to get rid of when your immune system is weak. You may want to try losing the kraut for a while. Although it's generally...
  2. H

Fecal Transplants

ggingues: I know I haven't posted much here in..years. But take my word for it...be VERY cautious about using ABX for any long-term period. It has really completely messed up my gut (verifiable through tests). Granted, my gut was awful to start with, but it is 10x worth after my time on...
  3. H

What to AVOID taking if you have Lyme

HI everyone: I have no idea where to post this, as I'm not sure it fits into any category. I saw Kenny De Meirleir about 6 months ago He ran the whole gamut of tests, and I was diagnosed with gut and immune issues, in particular. I had also recently acquired some sort of (probably...
  4. H

are the lacto bacteria really bad for d-lactic acidosis?

Hi: I don't mean to thread hijack, but could someone point me to a reference or explain which probiotics are contraindicated (not recommended) when you have certain conditions. I'm a bit confused by the whole lactose/lactate thing. I've only been told by healthcare people to try to take...
  5. H

Methylation 101?

Hear hear! As you know, even those of us who have done some homework on CFS/ME/MCS etc. can find it imppossible to keep up with all the different developments and theories. I would really appreciate a "Methylation for Dummies" post. Simple pictures or diagrams would be helpful too, though I...
  6. H

Nexavir and sore throat

soxfan: Sorry to hear that the Nexavir has not worked for you. Dr. De Meirleir feels that Nexavir often takes at least 3 months to really start to work in many people. I'm not pressuring you to continue. I know we all have financial limitations. I just want to make you aware the you might want...
  7. H

Mycoplasma/milion dollar question!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I hope to learn and contribute here, and meet a few friends too, of course. I myself took Doxycycline for months and months with absolutely no diff. At that point, I maybe should have kept going, but I gave up. Good thing too, because I went to see...
  8. H

Mycoplasma/milion dollar question!

Hi: I am new here, (am just making my second post tonight), but having myco myself, I'd strongly suggest doing some reading of research and treatment recommendations from Dr. Garth Nicolson. website is at www.immed.org The Institute for Molecular Medicine. I have read his work, and he is one...
  9. H

2 enlightening fasting experiences

Hi: I'm new to posting here. I've mostly been a lurker, but I'd like to chime in with this link to the "Perfect Health Diet" http://perfecthealthdiet.com/?cat=30 The sections which I see relating to this thread are subheaded "Intermittent Fasting" and (just below it) "Ketogenic Fasting"...