• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Hysterical Woman

Nobel scientist discovers scientific basis of homeopathy

Hi muffin, Thanks for posting. I watched this a couple of years ago. If I am not mistaken one of the people in this video is Dr. Candace Pert. She appears to be the same Candace Pert who has done research on Substance P. Hysterical
  2. Hysterical Woman

Dr. Lerner patient update..

Hi dhearns, I believe that the viral tests that Dr. Lerner uses are different from what a lot of other labs use. If I am not mistaken I believe he might have even worked with the development of those tests? Other Lerner patients might be able to enlighten us? Good Luck with whatever you...
  3. Hysterical Woman

Stem Cells

Hi Rockt & All, I am not a patient of Dr. Cheney's, but a good friend of mine is (we met at a support group I started in 1997). She has made good improvements under Dr. Cheney's care, but she did not get stem cell transplants due to how long she has been ill, her age, and the fact that she is...
  4. Hysterical Woman

corn intolerance/allergy - anyone else?

Thanks Mr. Kite, I do indeed have it better than many others. But then, it's hard to know for sure since I continue to be, HYSTERICAL
  5. Hysterical Woman

corn intolerance/allergy - anyone else?

Hi All, I have corn and soy intolerance. Lucky me :-) Hysterical
  6. Hysterical Woman

Cheney 'Can structured or certain natural waters be of benefit to CFS'

Hi Seeker, Good to see you here - welcome to the forums!! Hysterical
  7. Hysterical Woman

Hungry all the time

Hi Leaves, It sounds like a wise to decision to wait before starting something else new. Hopefully you will get a picture of what might be helping/what isn't. Good luck with the treatment and please keep us updated on how you are doing. As you already know, this forum is a wealth of...
  8. Hysterical Woman

Twitching

Hi dannybex, Hope your twitching is better!!! Please consider that if the cal/magnesium sometimes makes the twitching worse that you try the magnesium alone to see if that works for you. No one denies the importance of calcium for the human body, but it is sometimes easy to get more calcium...
  9. Hysterical Woman

Twitching

Also....some many tests, so little money!! :-(
  10. Hysterical Woman

Stem Cells

Hi Chris/Update? Hi Chris, It is very exciting to read about your progress!! Please give us another update when you get a chance. Take care, Hysterical
  11. Hysterical Woman

Hungry all the time

Hi Wendy, Good luck with decreasing the doxepin, altho please see the message I wrote to leaves - could it possibly have immomodulating properties? If you get a chance, could you let me know which magnesium you are taking, what dose, when you take it, and are you taking calcium too? It is...
  12. Hysterical Woman

Artesunate - Cheney dosage and benefits

Hi Chris and all, Yes, the potency of some of these supplements can be quite strong. I have not decided whether I am going to try the artesunate again or not. After several weeks of gut problems my doc finally ordered me off to the emergency room for a CAT scan. I think he believed I had...
  13. Hysterical Woman

Artesunate - Cheney dosage and benefits

Hi ukxmrv, I have problems taking the olive leaf extract, but I did find that I can tolerate just the plain olive leaf capsules since it is in "weaker" form. It's something you might to consider if you ever want to experiment with the olive leaf again - altho it sounds like your symptoms were...
  14. Hysterical Woman

Cheney 'Can structured or certain natural waters be of benefit to CFS'

Anyone trying the Iceland Water? Hi All, Just wondering if anyone else was trying the Iceland water? I have been drinking it for about a week - actually alternating it with Fiji. I started it because it sounded interesting, was easy, relatively cheap, and the news about it came out at the...
  15. Hysterical Woman

Hungry all the time

Leaves/doxepin Hi leaves, I just spoke to my local friend who sees Dr. Cheney. She told me that Dr. Cheney believes that doxepin has immune modulating properties in addition to being able to help with things like sleep. Maybe that is another reason why Klimas prescribes it??? Don't know...
  16. Hysterical Woman

Maddening Creepies in Nerves

Hi soulfeast, Good luck with the magnesium oil. This stuff makes a difference for me. I have used both the Ancient Mineral and the Essence of Life brands and like them both. I have not yet tried the swanson brand, for a while they were not forthcoming about the location of where they were...
  17. Hysterical Woman

Twitching

Hi Athene, Regarding the magnesium calcium ratio. You don't necessarily need to take calcium if you are taking magnesium, it depends on what you tissue levels are. High calcium in the body can cause twitching because it blocks magnesium absorption. It's a pain in the rear to try to sort all of...
  18. Hysterical Woman

Hi soulfeast, Good luck with your treatment. You are right, unfortunately, about so many tests and so little money. Which transdermal mag are you using? Take care, Hysterical
  19. Hysterical Woman

Hungry all the time

Hi leaves, lol, interesting timing. Did Dr. Klimas say why she was prescribing the doxepin? Is it for sleep? For my own situation, I really wish I had known that I had a major (at least 20+ years) magnesium deficiency, and I would have never taken the elavil. However, because I didn't know...
  20. Hysterical Woman

Hungry all the time

Hi Wciarci, Doxepin can indeed make you hungry all the time just like the elavil did to me. What really annoys me is that I took the elavil for insomnia and leg pain not knowing that I could supplement with magnesium and get better results without the side effects. Hysterical
  21. Hysterical Woman

My AZT + RAL Trial

Hi Sue, Sorry about all the symptoms!!! You have really had some difficult problems. Magnesium can sometimes help with RLS symptoms and can also sometimes help with the tachycardia - depending on what the problem is. Just keep in mind that there are some contraindications for taking magnesium...
  22. Hysterical Woman

YW, soulfeast. If you have the test done again, please share the results with us. Good Luck! Hysterical
  23. Hysterical Woman

Hi soulfeast, The EXAtest measures magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, sodium, potassium, chloride and intracellular electrolyte ratios of magnesium/calcium, phosphorus/calcium, magnesium/phosphorus, potassium/calcium, potassium/mangesium, and potassium/sodium. The test uses sublingual buccal...
  24. Hysterical Woman

Tulsi TeaSacred Basil/BE CAREFUL OF IT!!!!

Hi DB, I have had the same experience, I love Holy Basil and it really helps me. I have never, tho, drank more than 2 cups per day. However, it is always prudent to be careful when we start new things whether those are meds, herbs, or supplments, you never know how a cfs body is going to...
  25. Hysterical Woman

Hi soulfeast, Hope you are doing better with the creepies :-( In the book "Could it Be B12" this kind of symptom is described as a possible B12 deficiency. As far as being "pretty up on magnesium", it is sometimes hard to tell without having a tissue magnesium test (the blood test for mg is...
  26. Hysterical Woman

Hungry all the time

Hi leaves, Being hungry all the time is NO fun!! Hopefully with the brain power on this list, there will be a suggestion that will help you. Min suggested that some medications can make you really hungry and that was my personal experience. I was on elavil for almost 18 years and the...
  27. Hysterical Woman

My AZT + RAL Trial

Inosine definitely helped me with energy - don't know if it was helping with immune system. Unfortunately I am pretty much off of everything like that until gut settles down. HW
  28. Hysterical Woman

Sock It To ME

Hi creek, Great project - thanks for your work. For possible sponsors you might want to consider Lion Brand Yarn. They are a big company and make sock yarn along with a multitude of other types. When sending a sock into the project, I hope to send in a hand knitted one. Thanks, Maxine
  29. Hysterical Woman

My AZT + RAL Trial

I think CFSSince.... found a place to order it from that wasn't too expensive. I'll see if I can find his post. Hysterical ETA - it was heapsreal who found the source - see discussion here: http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?1087-Homemade-Isoprinosine-Immunovir&highlight=immunovir
  30. Hysterical Woman

XMRV serology testing at VIP Dx

Hi Julius, I am glad that they threw us a bone, just hope there isn't another delay at that point. Some Loggins and Messina music - "Sailin' the Wind" to commiserate with. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfzPfwIg9HU HW