• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. GreenLiz

Comment by 'GreenLiz' in 'Bizare crash - got the shakes'

Hi -- I am now recovered from ME/CFS after 2 years. I got the shakes on one single time during this experience. My body started violently shaking, somewhat like "the chills" but with no fever. It accompanied that severe inflammation particularly in the chest. I returned to normal, and wasted...
  2. GreenLiz

EBV early antigen positive + Vitamin D deficient. Valtrex or holistic?

I will PM you the doctor -- I don't want him to get spam. He's at Stanford Internal Medicine. (Different than the CFS clinic they have). Right now I'm feeling pretty good! However, Day 7-14 of Valtrex I got very sick (full "relapse" symptoms -- splotchy throat -- flu like feeling). I was around...
  3. GreenLiz

Valtrex: what should I expect?

Thanks Rowena! I'm going to give Valacyclovir (Valtrex) a try for 6 months, since it seemingly works for some people with reactivated EBV, and my EA-D is positive. I originally got better with a ton of Olive Leaf extract pills from Seagate's but I reordered it and the next time it was brown /...
  4. GreenLiz

Thanks so much for the tips! Hm, the website just says "Vitamin D level" and it's < 14.0 ng/mL. I have a separate test for short term inflammation, hs-CRP, which is 0.6 is in the low risk / normal category. I will ask my current doctor to repeat both vitamin D tests. Thank you!
  5. GreenLiz

Hi, Background: - Got mono when I was 18, now age 30 - 10 months ago tested positive for EBV IgM acute antibodies - 4 months ago tested negative for EBV IgM and negative for EBV Early Antigen D - This month tested negative for EBV IgM, but POSITIVE for EBV Early Antigen D (showing that my mono...
  6. GreenLiz

Valtrex: what should I expect?

Hi stiffler -- I've had CFS (post-viral syndrome) and my doctor offered this for a mono reactivation I experienced 10 months ago when traveling, and still haven't recovered from. Thanks for sharing your diet (I'm having lots of turmeric and ginger, and mushrooms myself.) My status: The best I...