• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Very Interesting Research on Long Covid - Is this very similar for ME?

For Dr. Pierre Kory it appears so_ https://rumble.com/embed/v4gkvxi/?pub=33rlly "ME/CFS has only a 5% back to baseline life-time recovery rate"
  2. P

Austrian long covid guidelines

APA is a press agency, which sells its stories to other news-papers and TV. The one iteration, you linked to, seems a shortened version. I took it from the news-page of my GMX-mailaccount. The fact sheet available about ME/CFS in the first link of the OP has more detailed information and...
  3. P

Austrian long covid guidelines

An recent article by the Austrian Press Agency (tranl. by deepl.com): Warning of dramatic consequences of misdiagnosis in post Covid and ME/CFS Post-acute infection syndromes are often not recognized as such. Such misdiagnoses can have dramatic consequences, warns a scientist. There is a...
  4. P

Managing the balance between the parasympathetic and the sympathetic nervous systems going into overdrive

The first which would come to my mind about who used nutrients and diet to balance the autonomic nervous system, woud the late pancreatic cancer doc Nickolas Gonzales (the following notes taken from an interview):
  5. P

triglycerides Low?

LabTestAnalyser considered from 0-90 best from the longevity standpoint, a functional medicine range I read somewhere, considers 30-60 mg/dl optimal for health.
  6. P

Ideas for cheap lab tests that might show anomalies

I did the same, though only doing testing up to 5 times a year for 15 years. Most you mentioned tests through my GP, others he wouldn't do, out of my own pocket. Have thus amassed above 2500 data points from lab-tests. With supplementation and lifestyle changes, I did find some correlations, but...
  7. P

Dark Side of Vitamin A(retinol)

Also retinal migraine flare-ups, I didn't mention in this thread. Since 2021 (corona) haven't done blood-tests anymore. Therefore, due to serum levels already having been at the upper-end of normal, I decreased Retinol intake to 2 mg/d. Now for a 6-week vacation I sharply cut out many...
  8. P

From Blog: Is Vitamin C Destroying Your Mitochondria? Or Is It Saving Their Lives? And another about toxicity of supplements especially C

Let's not get too much off-topic. But all too often research is just in test-tubes, and not about long term absorption of minerals of the human body. The best example is with my Mg-deficiency, where I basically felt no difference of all different forms in respect to very painful muscle-cramps...
  9. P

From Blog: Is Vitamin C Destroying Your Mitochondria? Or Is It Saving Their Lives? And another about toxicity of supplements especially C

No. Where is it available? And did you personally correct an otherwise intractable zinc deficiency with it? Otherwise, I have taken zinc complexed with a lot of different amino acid already.
  10. P

I did. It was 30 % unbound copper in average. Not in my case. I'm on the upper limit of normal with Serum retinol. Low zinc seemingly is my uncorrectable problem. Went to supplementing up to 70 mg/d a whole year. Otherwise, 53 mg/d for 15 years in average. Do you have a link to this...
  11. P

Too many precondition to mention. But my serum copper is actually 'normal', just not in the functional medicine definition of healthy. Not according to my lab-tests, which showed only improving of liver and kidney markers during the 15 years of comprehensive supplementing. Beside actually...
  12. P

Other than too high serum copper, ceruloplasmin remained normal in my bloodwork. That configuration means of course too much unbound copper. I wouldn't give too much attention to animal studies, if not replicated in humans. But for what it's worth, it took me 10 years of about 18.000 IU...
  13. P

It seems he just made up his mind, without experiencing any toxicity or verifying it with Lab-tests. Meaningless, compared to my comprehensive supplement use, while testing regularly for any possible toxicity.
  14. P

A little supplemented tyrosine helps. 15 years of 25 g/d of ascorbic acid didn't decrease my much too high serum copper even a bid. My fasting lactate were always normal. I experienced remissions from, otherwise by conventional medicine, considered irreversible diseases. Including a...
  15. P

A treatment that helps me tremendously

What a contrast. Been since 19th Jan. on my South Indian beach again, not one cloudy day. Since 2 days it got warmer - sweating like in a sauna - therefore I checked for the first time the UVI: AT 11! at midday, right before I usually swim almost an hour in the ocean, and as much sunbathing too...
  16. P

Andrographis Paniculata - and it's many effects

@ilivewithcfs I can't give advice, since everyone might react differently to different herbs due to biochemical individuality. Personally took low dose Kalmegh, about 40 mg/d for first 4 years, and 190 mg/d in average the following 6 years. No ill effects. Positive effects in my case are...
  17. P

A treatment that helps me tremendously

What a terrible turn of events. Sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes.
  18. P

ideal computer setup in bed

I used a first notebook 20 years ago, not a really cheap one, but battery failed after 4 years, not replaceable. Next an expensive Ultrabook, same with battery, touch display, and failing period. Next a netbook, battery, touch-display, and key one by one failing too. Last, a Surface-like tablet...
  19. P

Yes and no. With this setup hardware isn't more sustainable only, but as lightweight or even more so (with PCstick) as any other mentioned hardware. As said, cables can be completely left out. So same posturing aids can be used with less strain on them.
  20. P

Some a bit off-topic thoughts about ideal sustainable hardware, having had only mild ME/CFS, but constant PEMS due to working still part-time. Now overcome 5 years ago too. Recently posted to the Linux forum...
  21. P

Me/cfs and rv living

I went a tiny bit further with a tinyhouse. Though more as preparation to comming CBDCs, and therefore future power over one's living choices. In Germany there is quite a hype at the moment, with building bicycle-campers - YouTube shows many self-build versions - with the advantage reaching...
  22. P

IM Vitamin C Injections for hEDS... anyone tried this???

For example in detail already described in respect to Ascorbic acid in the 1986 book: Everyone with lots of experience with vitamin C also knows: the dose is the key - and of course might be from almost nought to 200 g/d of ascorbic acid powder. I took 25 g/d in average, during now almost...
  23. P

Many types of immunodeficiency

What a contrast! Earn now about €24.000,- brutto a year for a part-time job (60%). For obligatory healthcare (I use for regular blood-testing only, since I abhor pharmaceuticals and invasive interventions) and social-security 4300,- is automatically subtracted from monthly salary, along with...
  24. P

Psoriasis

For me Vitamin A - from 24.000 IU onward - prevented any further psoriasis outbreaks. However, only in the context of comprehensive supplementation of all other essential or conditionally essential nutrients. I did do blood tests and reduced since reaching the upper limit of normal after many...
  25. P

Dr Bansal consultation

Guess I forgot? On the other hand, if only one person can explain a theory but nobody else understands, nor any other real experiences found, I guess its not worth to interact about on an other social media. Thanks.
  26. P

Dr Bansal consultation

First time heard about Mg-dumping from a dose as low as 400mg. I've been taking in average about 1.8 g/d of elemental Mg for the last 14 years, and repeadedly tested deficiency. Finally only a serie of Mg-sulfate IVs before covid ceased very painful muscle-cramps. Not possible to get any IVs...
  27. P

In defence of diet and lifestyle

What an epic lecture:
  28. P

Cort Johnson, the Founder of Phoenix Rising, Returns to Lead the Forum!

Welcome back. Excuse my naive question. How does your comeback change the partly intransparent pulling of strings by the existing board?
  29. P

Multivitamin vs Individual Supplements

When one experiences remissions with therapeutic doses, which of course can take many years to accomplish with conditions considered non-reversible by standart of care, motivation to continue to take becomes less of a problem. Watever it takes, disabilities aren't an viable option for me...
  30. P

Multivitamin vs Individual Supplements

Both have their use. With multivitamins-minerals one never get therapeutic doses of most nutrients. But are a good assurance that one doesn't get a deficiency in any of the unexpected ones. Problem with nutrient deficiency is, that it can take decades till they take their health-toll. And at...