• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

summary of possible approaches

Agreed. Orla has been knocking it out of the park on a regular basis and many others have made excellent points. As part of the evaluation process maybe we could have a list of topics that cause problems in the CAA literature. There seem to be several flashpoints that irritate me when they come...
  2. C

welcome + thoughts on how to get started

Thanks for starting the group islandfinn! This sounds like a good idea. Maybe we could do a test run with one of the shortest documents or pages so we could show the CAA what the process will be like and what we might expect from them? I think justin or wilddaisy mentioned they wanted to...
  3. C

Simon Wessely on XMRV

Holmsey, if you get a chance you might want to read this (long) article on Wessely's history with ME/CFS and other illnesses. Get his views via email, but also have a look at the information he is less likely to share with you. This particular article is referenced so you can follow up any of...
  4. C

Simon Wessely on XMRV

Hi Holmsy I think it helps the psychiatrists push their barrow when they create the perception that people with ME/CFS are a hodge podge of crazy people with a few genuinely ill cases sprinkled in. That reduces our power politically instead of being 1 million strong in the US, the hodge...
  5. C

Simon Wessely on XMRV

[Edited again: I guess I'll remove half of this for now? If anyone has a clearer picture of the legal side of this let me know and I'll stick my post back up] Well said Mark. Reeves also tried this one on in the latest NY Times article by saying that “no other studies had ever proved a virus...
  6. C

Research in Sweden