• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. jhlyon

A report about anti-glycation supps Carnosine Beta-Alanine (=methylation?)

hi @Asklipia I am trying freddd's methylation protocol & have been for 4-5 months now. however I ran into massive problems with fever & irritability and it was suggested to me that B1 deficiency may be the problem here. I was wondering what your solution to this issue was - did you continue...
  2. jhlyon

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

@Eastman thats very interesting - thank you for your comment. does it seem to be possible to simply take increased doses of b1 and/or b3 in addition to continuing methylation protocol, or do you have to stop taking b12 altogether?
  3. jhlyon

hi @Freddd i was wondering if you have any suggestions - since beginning your b12 etc regime in july - i have been improving though had a nasty fever for a long long time, which i attributed to old infections finally being confronted. however now i have a new problem - i am very irritable &...
  4. jhlyon

@Freddd thank you! i will try a taper. but good to know it probably won't interfere much either way
  5. jhlyon

hi @Freddd i have been seeing some progress using your advice. but i wanted to ask if in your experience it's possible get good results while still taking gabapentin (neurontin)? it can interfere with b12, but i'm not sure how much it really interferes. perhaps you have come across people who...
  6. jhlyon

@Freddd ps. i just thought about this - i take 1mg melatonin every night. is it possible that suddenly taking way more b12 than before could be somehow leading to excess melatonin & so ruining my sleep phase? would a potential fix for this be to stop taking melatonin?
  7. jhlyon

hi @Freddd thank you so much for your help! i think group 3 symptoms are sounding very familiar - though I dont really know what that has to do with waking up at 2am with an overactive mind and heart. i) presuming i have some kind of even worse methylation block/glutathione detox now - from...
  8. jhlyon

hello @Freddd i was wondering if you could help me. I have had cfs/me/fibro for 10 years. I began taking b-12 & folate supplements 2 weeks ago. since then I have had increasingly severe insomnia - waking up in the middle of the night with a above-average heartbeat and an awake mind, but a...