• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Ian

Removing tonsils?

Did you have the bone debrided when you had your root canals removed? It's really essential that this be done otherwise infection frequently remains in the bone indefinitely after removal of these teeth.
  2. Ian

aches, pain in teeth and jaw bone

Yeah it's not too bad. Sore for maybe a week but then it gets better.
  3. Ian

aches, pain in teeth and jaw bone

Most people are walking around with infections in their jaws. Quite common from extracted wisdom teeth where the bone never fully heals, or where people have had root canal teeth and the bone around them eventually starts to die off. Quite often there will be an abscess at the bottom. Personally...
  4. Ian

My recovery story

It was Graeme, but he is retired now.
  5. Ian

My recovery story

If you have a bacterial etc infection in living tissue there will be an immune response. But in these bone lesions there is no blood supply, and thus no immune response. Bacteria can live and grow totally undisturbed. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3513818/
  6. Ian

Hidden dental infection

When you have dead teeth, the infection spreads into the adjacent bone. It's really important when the tooth is removed, the the site is also surgically cleaned out. And the bone is cut down until healthy bone is reached and bleeding is induced into the socket. Simply opening the site and...
  7. Ian

Can an infected tooth cause fever,chills, felling extremelly ill?

Dental infections are probably the primary driver of CFS in a lot of people. Dead teeth grow anaerobic bacteria. The metabolic waste is profoundly toxic to the body.
  8. Ian

Full recovery- is it possible???

Updated album of my problem if anyone is interested -> http://imgur.com/a/vQorQ I personally think hidden dental infections from root canals and cavitations could well be the primary cause of CFS in a lot of people.
  9. Ian

Full recovery- is it possible???

Full recovery is possible. I was literally on the far end of the disability spectrum for something like 8 years. Now I'm basically fit and healthy.
  10. Ian

My recovery story

gum recession would be related to periodontal issues (gum disease)
  11. Ian

My recovery story

The only treatment for cavitations is surgery. Ozone injections are a short term fix to kill the anaerobic bacteria. Personally I would avoid any dentist that offers it as a treatment as frankly its a waste of time for the patient. It would be like having a tire with a puncture, and repeatedly...
  12. Ian

My recovery story

You can get cavitations from having perfectly health teeth extracted. The failure by dentists to remove the periodontal ligament can be a permanent impediment to proper healing. But if you have an infection already in the bone, a cavitation is far more likely. Once they form, or if the bone...
  13. Ian

Influenza vaccine as possible cause for cfs/me - help needed

Given how little research there is on thiomersal in humans I don't think anyone will ever know for sure. But toxicity isn't always 1 + 1. It can be synergistic. What if someone receives a flu shot, then shortly after gets a shot containing an aluminum adjuvant? These things can be infinitely...
  14. Ian

Influenza vaccine as possible cause for cfs/me - help needed

It's amazing people defend the use of mercury in vaccines. Kind of reminds me of the Mellon institute producing research that said lead was safe to add to gasoline. As for dose, sure for an adult 25 micrograms is not much of a problem. But give that same dose to a baby. In the 2000 era, kids...
  15. Ian

Flu vaccination and ME/CFS

The only reason mercury is there in the first place is to save money, which is frankly a disgrace. Look up what the CDC and friends say about the toxicity of thiomersal. All those claiming it's safe and fine, there has been absolutely no research done on the toxicity of thiomersal in humans...
  16. Ian

My recovery story

If they don't show up on x-ray they can show up with MRI. STIR imaging is the setting you want. It suppresses the fat.
  17. Ian

Former FDA commissioner charged under RICO Law for Levaquin cover-up

Dr. Margaret Hamburg also ruled on dental amalgam. Dental amalgam never required proof of safety because it literally pre-dated the FDA and so was grandfathered in. The ruling would have changed that. But that sell out piece of shit, actually sat on the board of Schein, one of the largest...
  18. Ian

To vaccinate or not me and my children

Yes they do 'vaccinate' but having one or two vaccines is nothing compared to the full CDC schedule of shots. What is the current CDC total, 30 shots by 18 months? Many Amish don't vaccinate at all, and it's known their rates of vaccination fall well below that required for 'herd immunity'. You...
  19. Ian

To vaccinate or not me and my children

One of out 42 boys in the US has autism. Literally an epidemic, an absolute tidal wave of brain damaged kids, and yet the CDC and friends can't figure it out. Ask yourself, why not? Why are the Amish not effected?
  20. Ian

My recovery story

I hadn't heard that non ferrous metals effect MRI scans. But with CT scans, if you have metal fillings, you just see this insane star burst on the image where the metal fillings are, which makes reading them pretty hard. Technetium 99 scans are just extremely low res generally. Unless half...
  21. Ian

Vaccination HPV

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gardasil-researcher-speaks-out/
  22. Ian

Fluoride Poisoning: Holy Crap!

I think they actually removed that warning. The same amount of fluoride is contained in about 1L of water. No one tells you to call poison control for drinking that?? lol Water fluoridation is basically how industry gets rid of industrial waste. Their solution to pollution is dilution...
  23. Ian

Resignation

If i had given up, I would have never have found out what was wrong with me, and I wouldn't be better today.
  24. Ian

My recovery story

Did you also have unsuccessful surgery? I had 3 cavitations. The first two were both resolved first time, but my worst one, the one that actually made me so sick took 3 surgical attempts over 3 years, or 4 if you count having my wisdom tooth removed in the first place.
  25. Ian

My recovery story

That's because he passed away a few years ago.
  26. Ian

My recovery story

I don't think there are any drugs or anything that can help with cavitations. Antibiotics don't work because there is no blood supply to the effected area.
  27. Ian

My recovery story

You'll get the same answer from most dentists because they all have identical training. I couldn't get anyone to address my problem. You could see where infection had eaten a hole around the bone when I my horizontally impacted wisdom tooth, but I was told things like, as long as there is no...
  28. Ian

My recovery story

Well that very much looks like a cavitation. You can still see where the roots of the tooth were. How long ago was it extracted? Also I've no idea what the white mass is on the left. It might be condensing osteitis, basically the bones response to a long term chronic infection.
  29. Ian

My recovery story

Well, all ozone can do is temporarily kill the anaerobic bacteria. It's not a solution to surgery. Personally I'd avoid any dentist that offers it as a treatment because its basically a waste of time. You can liken it to having your fingers get frost bite, go black and die, and expecting to...
  30. Ian

"Trick or Treatment?: Alternative Medicine on Trial" by Sing & Ernst (2009) (book)

A lot of alternate medicine is absolute quackery. For example homeopathy sugar pills, it has been estimated there isn't a single molecule of the 'active' ingredient in there. In the simplest of terms, there is no difference between regular cubes of sugar and homeopathic pills. Yet people still...