• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Still alive and kicking

Updates to Ten minutes of walking today

I was afraid of this. I mean, I was afraid that if I mentioned exercise...No matter how much I say I enjoy it and would bug out without it, you will continue to badger me because the UK decided to foist "Graded exercise therapy" on some of us, and are being particularly evil.
  2. Still alive and kicking

are some eggs higher in sulphur than others? brown vs conventional eggs

I"d call the local Dept of Agriculture and see if they have a test to find out if the eggs have salmonella in them or other pathogens, especially if you still have some left and you're still sick. You might want to check with an MD to see if they think it's serious enough to treat. Not to be...
  3. Still alive and kicking

Struggling with work at home

@wearywriter About the family understanding... There is now a documentary on ME/CFS that premiered in January 2017, called "Unrest" (movie, Sundance.. more google terms) but the star of it also did a TED talk. The TED talk is very clear and eloquent. Take a look and see what you think of...
  4. Still alive and kicking

Serrapeptase gives me more energy and no brain fog, why?

My doctor tested me, it was negative. But isn't there a series of tests to be absolutely sure? Is there a web guide to the tests? I keep hearing it's "hard to diagnose" is it?
  5. Still alive and kicking

Struggling with work at home

When I realized what was happening to me I tore through every supplement I could think of and revisited every old trick in the book for energy. The ones that work for me so far, and are inexpensive: Brain fog: Biotin - opening a 5 MG capsule and placed under the tongue - chalky but effective...
  6. Still alive and kicking

DWP ‘Kill Yourself’ scandal

This is like some alternate reality or something. I think you all need to start wearing a microphone next time. :ninja: But let's back up, if a social worker is with you, why isn't it a mandate that they MUST report it? Isn't it a crime to incite people to suicide? If so, why doesn't the...
  7. Still alive and kicking

Gotcha. I used to push myself to walk a mile a day. But it was counterproductive. Actually the best exercises I find for myself are either yoga or weight lifting. The treadmill is for when I notice I am feeling ok and don't want to miss the window. I'll take any excuse to have a bit of...
  8. Still alive and kicking

Comment by 'Still alive and kicking' in 'GABA wtf'

Yeah GABA is the brain's way of saying... chill out, slow down... nothing to see here... slow down the firing of those nerves... yeah all of them... You probably induced about 1% of what it feels like to have a stroke (there's a great TED talk about that in the top 100). Some websites call it...
  9. Still alive and kicking

Serrapeptase gives me more energy and no brain fog, why?

Glad to hear it's working! My understanding is that it is a protein enzyme that your body can use to clean up waste proteins and eliminate them. Like giving your body a tool to clean up more adhesions or scar tissue. I didn't get a huge benefit from it but sometimes I think the strength of...
  10. Still alive and kicking

Act now - thank US Senator Ed Markey who has offered to be ME's advocate

I will have to mail him a snail letter. I have my message full of links and they saw it as a "security risk" so the online form bounced it. LOL Glad I got a copy of it first, it ate it too. Thank you for reaching out to him!
  11. Still alive and kicking

Thank you for the responses! I hope I can always do just a bit of exercise a few times a week, I think I'd go nuts if I couldn't. But I'm battening down the hatches and ordered my favorite thing in the world: math books!! Gasp! I know, I'm weird. But it's surprisingly satisfying to prove...
  12. Still alive and kicking

I'm still new here, so I'm thinking of charting my progress good and bad. Should I use a blog post? Or is there a calendar I can add notes to like "today I did x amount of activity"? I'm not sure where I'm going with that idea, except that documentation is often important. So for today...