• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. SolarMuse

Pain help! At the end of my rope

I need pain advice. I have major muscle cramping in my arms and legs, burning sensations on my head, neck, shoulders & arms, general aches everywhere, and of course I'm tired. I have two small kids and a husband who cannot stand dirty dishes or laundry. Currently on 2 800 mg ibuprofen & 3...
  2. SolarMuse

Looking for CFS/ME Docs in Central Texas (Austin or San Antonio)

Chilove- Did you see the doc in Austin? I drive to Houston to see Dr. Savalto. She is my mom's doc, and now I've turned into my mother, so I see her too. Anyway, I live closer to Austin and wondered about closer options.
  3. SolarMuse

What helps your vibrating buzzing electrical symptoms? Meds? Herbs? What triggers them?

Guess I need to meditate on the other 3 elements. I have been able to embrace it more the past year, and even get a light 'sleep' during the milder episodes. I guess I don't fear it as much as I did when they started in 2008.
  4. SolarMuse

What helps your vibrating buzzing electrical symptoms? Meds? Herbs? What triggers them?

I checked out the ingredients and all those Bs would definitely bother me. Makes me have lots of anxiety. I am trying to build up my Bs slowly. Maybe soon, I can try it.
  5. SolarMuse

I feel it most when I wake up in the middle of the night, or at least it bothers me more in the middle of the night.
  6. SolarMuse

Transfer Factor Overstimulation Reaction

I decided to take some vitamins to try to fill any nutritional deficiencies, change my diet, and take a few of the extracts in the Transfer Factor. I cannot even take the vitamins everyday or too many at a time or I get the anxious vibrating. Yuck! I am afraid that my doc is going to recommend...
  7. SolarMuse

Interesting. Along time ago I decided that I would embrace it, when it was happening, instead of trying to fight it. Embracing excepting it takes some of the fear out of it.So this is kind of an extension of that.
  8. SolarMuse

I have been tested for Lyme and it's negative. Don't know about Bartonella.
  9. SolarMuse

i have had strange electrical sensations off and on for 8 yrs. It varies and happens when I am awake and when I awake from sleep. The sensations vary from feeling like my body is in a fluorescent bulb to gentle psychodelic waves of vibration traveling down my body to straight out terror and...
  10. SolarMuse

Some suggestions re antiviral supplements needed

I have used d-manose in the past for uti. I have also used an Elixir that I make with Elderberry, Echinacea, and ginger. I am trying something new the past few weeks. I am taking my Elixir 3x a day as an immune booster to help out with the EBV. I have been weak and getting every virus my kids...
  11. SolarMuse

On-going supplement poll

This is awesome! Thanks so much. I am bookmarking it.
  12. SolarMuse

Weird neurological symptom relief- how to get it

How have you gotten relief from your vibration, buzzing, electrical waves, combined sometimes with high anxiety and heart palpitations? Sometimes it is ok and downright psychedelic. But for the most part, this stuff really scares me. I thought it was over and done with. I've only had 2 or 3...
  13. SolarMuse

kava?

I tried it in tincture form once and it numbed my tongue and calmed my nerves. I have made a tincture myself with valerian root, skullcap, and hops. If helps relax my muscles a bit, and can aid in sleep, but won't nock you out. Next time I will try making a valerian, passionflower, and skullcap...
  14. SolarMuse

Gas Fireplace/HVAC/Radiator Heat Lightheadedness?

I had no idea that anyone else felt out of sorts with gas heaters. There was a large gas heater at a relative's house that I would spend the holidays at. I could not even enter the room that the heater was in. But strangely, last year we moved into a 100 yr old house w/ a gas fireplace. It does...
  15. SolarMuse

Is anyone else hypersensitive to stimulating herbs/meds/foods?

I am. Are you? Is this a CFS thing? I used to drink a pot of coffee a day 20 yrs ago, now, I can hardly drink 1 cup of coffee (unless I am really wiped out) and Mucinex makes me want to crawl out my skin. I am also sensitive to detoxing herbs and cleaning chemicals.
  16. SolarMuse

Transfer Factor Overstimulation Reaction

Have you experienced overstimulation from treatment? What did you do? i have recently been diagnosed with re-active EBV and CFS. My doctor gave me a supplement called Enhanced transfer factor by Vital Health Options. This TF has added herbs and mushrooms. She told me to take two pills a day. I...
  17. SolarMuse

Turmeric/Curcumin for ME/CFS?

I just found out that I have CFS, but have had symptoms for yrs. I make a golden tea with turmeric, cinnamon, fresh ground nutmeg and black pepper, and raw cow milk. When I drink this for a few weeks in the morning, I don't have a sore throats and my knees don't hurt. I need to keep up with it...