• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. willg

Oxymatrine in the UK?

Did you get the powder from Bristol Botanicals? How was it? Thanks.
  2. willg

Oxymatrine in the UK?

Hey did you ever do it? How did it go? I'm wanting to try it, have all the same questions!
  3. willg

Oxymatrine in the UK?

Sorry, what do you mean, "blood tests"?
  4. willg

Amisulpride — A Multipurpose Drug for ME/CFS

Thanks. I can't see that (m)any primary ME-CFS symptoms are being redressed by this drug. Seems like it's better suited to treat other disorders.
  5. willg

Abilify- Stanford Clinic Patients

From recent research I've read that is right, there is no medication that has been developed for brain inflammation.
  6. willg

foot pain

I thought I was the only one! Although it seems there might be only 4 of us.... In 2013 I got plantar fasciitis (PF), so I know what that feels like. But that self-resolved within a year. Now, in the past 3 years, my feet just constantly ache, but in quite a way different from PF. Often my...
  7. willg

Tried Dr Sarah Myhill treatments?

If you have had tests done under Dr Sarah Myhill and have tried her treatment, can you report on your outcome, please? I had tests done with her that indicated that my mitochondria are functioning at 15%. I've tried to do the regimen that I was given -- but as she indicates, many people get...
  8. willg

Plasmapheresis -has anyone tried this treatment.

These treatments cost ca $10k?
  9. willg

Shortness of breath 24/7 : what would help ?

I suggest you look into Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome (CHS), and take an online test, called a Nijmegen Questionnaire. CHS causes a wide range of symptoms, some very unexpected and bizarre (such as numb extremities, twitching upper lip, etc), as well as more understandable ones, such as...
  10. willg

Introduce yourself

Hi. I'm new to this site and just joined this group. I'm not sure I'm understanding all the previous posts, though. This is meant to be a thread to introduce ourselves, right? Only 13 gays with CFS? I wonder if some feel stigma atop stigma. It would be nice to have a Gay CFS space...
  11. willg

Breathing Problems In ME/CFS

I have had CFS for 8 years. 5 years ago my breathing became problematic and I was diagnosed with Chronic Hyperventilation, which causes a wide range of bizarre symptoms. I relearned how to breath correctly, but I still continue to have the sensation of a vice around my chest and "air hunger"...
  12. willg

Fixing Leaky Gut Helps ME/CFS, and Sometimes Achieves Full Remission

Re the lactulose/mannitol test -- where can one get such a test? [I am in the UK and assume the NHS won't do it]. Thank you.