• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

My appointment with Dr Susan Levine

Hi Ewa: IGG subclasses 1, 2, 3, and 4. I am low in IGG 1 and 3. IgA SUBCLASSES 1, 2 AND 3. I believe, Serum Antibody (14 listed) I was low in four of these. Other tests were for EBV, and HPV-6 both which had high titers and she expected were "active". I can't determine which test was used...
  2. P

Hi Ewa: I wasn't tested for nk cells or cytokines. I was tested for viruses plus immune function in other ways. I am taking Valtrex for EBV. Due to my age, and I live in SC, Dr. Levine will probably not put me on Valcyte. My immune function is low. Will test immune function when on...
  3. P

Hi jpcv: I don't know. As I "absorb" all of this, I will have lots of questions. The Valtrex prescription is 500 mg 2 each day for 90 days. Dr. Levine said she would start Valcyte in six weeks. Peace
  4. P

Hi jpcv , Attek, Fireflymd I had my telephone appointment with Dr. Levine this morning. The results were: Positive EBV and positive HHV6. will start Valtrex immediately and Valcyte in a few weeks. I have a missing gene: MTHFR which does not allow for absorption of folate. I will need to...
  5. P

Hi jpcv: Have phone appointment with Dr. Levine tomorrow afternoon to review test results. Will update. Peace, Patster
  6. P

Hi Fireflymd: I had my appointment with Dr.Levine last Monday, April 17. Although her office is in a"fancy" neighborhood, her office is very modest. I called her office and she even answered her own phone!! I loved her. She was able to confirm I have CFS with previous tests and symptoms. She...
  7. P

Hi Attek: I am looking forward to my visit with Dr. Levine. I live in Hilton Head Island, SC, but I'm from NY and have kids living in NYC. I have been on Valtrex before, but just a short period of time. I know there is no "silver bullet", but would be happy if I could get some of my energy...
  8. P

I will be seeing Dr. Susan Levine in mid April. I am so happy to come across your post. I am looking forward to seeing a doctor who works with CFS patients and is also into the latest research. I have, like so many who have this disease, been to so many doctors who don't understand anything...