• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. U

Studies find HHV-7 active in ME, yet ME Drs often don't test for it & Valcyte doesn't work for HHV-7

Hi, Hip. Here is the direct link http://www.mdi-labor.de/en/service-directory/?tx_laboratoryeditor_pi1%5Bs_uid%5D=2986 for IgG and IgM antibodies analyzes for HHV7 by blood. The result is the measured antibody titers. The PCR test for saliva for the presence of HHV7 is technologically even...
  2. U

Studies find HHV-7 active in ME, yet ME Drs often don't test for it & Valcyte doesn't work for HHV-7

Hip, thenk you for your attention to the problem identified in the title. I want to draw your attention to the fact that there is one more possibility to reveal high activity of HHV7. Despite the fact that the main reservoir of the persistence of HHV7 is lymphocytes with a CD4 marker, the place...
  3. U

Undiagnosed Immunosuppression

Hi @ undiagnosed. Statistical analysis and, in particular, Student's test, works best for random variables that obey the normal distribution law, and in any case for stationary processes. Random measurements on sufficiently long time intervals can hardly be considered normal, and even more so...
  4. U

Hi @undiagnosed. These are the typical causes of lymphocytosis and lymphocytopenia. Causes of increased levels of lymphocytes (lymphocytosis) - more than 3.0 × 109 / l: * Viral infections, * Some bacterial infections (tuberculosis, syphilis, whooping cough, leptospirosis, brucellosis...
  5. U

Hi @undiagnosed. The first sign of the presence of intracellular infection is relative lymphocytosis and a relative (even worse absolute) neutrophilia. You do not have this. CD4 + and CD8 + cells are almost normal. It is rare to find a patient who does not have a significant amount of...
  6. U

HI@undiagnosed. As far as I understand you, you want to be able to determine the presence of reverse transcriptase in the blood, as the most reliable marker of the presence of the virus. How can inhibitors help here? Or did I misunderstand you all the same? Unfortunately, I do not have access to...
  7. U

Hi @undiagnosed. I do not have information on how to fix the activity of reverse transcriptase. Share, if you know. The search for universal primers for HIV DNA, especially the family of lentivirus, is just as insoluble. I'm focused on supporting the most achievable in my position level of the...
  8. U

Hi @ Knockknock. Yes, there is certainly intuition, hard to explain facts and guesses in this area. Here is an example. Do not get sick black mangobes monkey HIV, unlike rhesus monkeys, which from the same virus get sick and die. And the reason is that the immune system of black mangobee for...
  9. U

Hi @undiagnosed. As for the possibility of influencing the results of the ELISA test for HIV hypoglobulinemia, it should be noted that the test of the 4th generation ELISA system, for example, such as AxSYM-HIV Ag / AB, reveals not only the presence of antibodies but also the presence of p24...
  10. U

Undiagnosed. Thanks for the link. I want to tell you that measuring the drop of IgG antibodies to HHVs will not give you any noticeable benefit. Only DNA in the blood plasma.
  11. U

So, if I correctly understood your posts, you deny the phenomenon of IDL, or rather think it incorrect to explain it by an innate genetic defect, which can manifest not only in infancy, but also in adulthood. You explain IDL to an unknown at the present time human retrovirus, similar to HIV or...
  12. U

Hi @undiagnosed. It seems to me that it is about fulfilling all the criteria of LDL, including the criterion for the repeated measurement of CD4 + levels. I quote a link to more recent similar data (0.2 ... 0.6%)...
  13. U

Hi @ Knockknock. The term "ideopathic" means by definition that the cause is unknown. Although some authors point to the root causes of mutations in the genes UNC119, p56Lck, etc. Perhaps they are right, perhaps not. Probably the virus is still to blame. What is the question? And where to look...
  14. U

Hi @undiagnosed. Yes, I periodically measure IgG titres to HHV3, HHV4, (VCA), HHV5, HHV6. All titles are high. For example, the last titre to HHV4 (VCA) was 32.1 at the reference value 1.1 boundary, the titer to HHV6 was 0.924 at the reference value 0.5 boundary. IgM measurements are negative...
  15. U

Undiagnosed, I think you are familiar with the diagnosis Idiopathic CD4 + T-cell lymphopenia. Short. Idiopathic CD4 + T-cell lymphopenia - heterogeneous immunological syndrome where decreased number of lymphocytes with a phenotype CD3+CD4+ in the blood (<300 cells /mcl and <20% of the total...