• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. wearywriter

Odd new symptom freaking me out

Thank you for your input! My limitation right now when it comes to digging deeper is financial - I'm living in South Africa at the moment but am British, and should be moving back to the UK in the coming months. Im hoping I can find a decent GP who'll help me dig deeper with some more blood...
  2. wearywriter

I just thought I'd update here in case anyone experiences something similar or is interested.. I talked about these symptoms with my doctor/homeopath (I suppose he's what you'd call a functional medicine dr in the US), and we started doing weekly b12 injections. I've had 3 so far and will have...
  3. wearywriter

Despite Our Losses, People with ME/CFS Want More

I don't have a lot of energy to write the kind of reply id like to but thank you; this really moved me and was beautifully sad. And of course I have to ask the standard desperate question.. How did you get better? you obviously have had big improvements which is awesome and gives me some hope.
  4. wearywriter

I don't have the energy at the moment to reply to everyone properly but thank you so much for all of the responses - they've been really helpful and given me a few possible avenues to consider. I do think it could be the citalopram, but am going to keep tracking/speak to the doctor just in case...
  5. wearywriter

Thanks so much for your reply. That's a bit scary. That would be financially tricky, so it might have to wait until I get back to the UK (trying to move back home from South Africa) and then attempt to convince new GP there to give me a referral... Hoping they won't just brush it off completely...
  6. wearywriter

Hey guys, I can't find an answer to this that makes sense and my GP is zero help so I figured this is the best place to ask... Quick background - diagnosed with ME, Fibro, and OI, been ill for about 4 years. The past 6 months have been a pretty much nonstop crash that was triggered by an iron...
  7. wearywriter

Researchers discover that HBOT greatly reduces or eliminates pain in women with fibromyalgia

Anyone have any idea if there's hope of getting HBOT in the UK with a fibro dx? I'm assuming there are places where you can go privately and pay but assuming it's quite expensive. Is there any chance at all of the NHS paying for that sorta thing...? Assuming not =/
  8. wearywriter

My ME is in remission

@JenB I imagine even an insanely healthy person would be overwhelmed by the amount of questions/comments you're tackling now so I'm not sure that you'll see this.. But I wanted to say thank you, and I'm so so happy for you. I cried reading your Medium article. Your film made me feel so much less...
  9. wearywriter

Struggling with work at home

Thanks so much to everyone for all of your helpful replies, it's seriously appreciated. No one in my life really believes I'm ill, and I'm very isolated in general, so it's such a relief to just have interaction with people who get it. I think I partly posted this because I needed some...
  10. wearywriter

Struggling with work at home

Hi all, I've only written an intro post on this forum so far but do a lot of reading here. For a bit of background - I'm 26 years old, suffering with ME and fibro for about 1.5 years now, although I had milder symptoms for years before. I'm not sure how I'd rate my severity level as I'm in a...