• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Y

Incidence of IBS and chronic fatigue following GI infection: a population-level study (in Germany)

Take a look of this. It's not related to CFS /ME but shows how microbioma can affect to the brain metabolism and psycology. It's been published right on 1st of Sepyember 2017 RESEARCH ARTICLE Gut microbiome in ADHD and its relation to neural reward anticipation...
  2. Y

BBC interview with Ron Davis

And what about send a INTERNATIONAL complain to the human rights court?
  3. Y

In memory of Silvia ( Spain )

Yes, NexusOwl.
  4. Y

Yes. I know her. She is not well now. We work toghether in millionsmissing Spain.
  5. Y

You're right. Spanish health authorities are pushing to this. No health care , no incomes to live, no nothing...
  6. Y

We need somebody to TRUST what we have. I'm not a stupid woman. Something is killing us in any way , health mainly , but also personal, social, familiar, economic factors .. I really understand she didn't want to live, because that's not suposed to be a "good quality of live", with no help at...
  7. Y

Yesterday we were informed about a sad new. Our 40 years old friend Silvia committed suicide. Here is a tribute to her .... https://cfsremission.com/2017/04/17/in-memory-of-silvia-a-last-note-from-a-cfs-suicide/ R.I.P. Silvia, and I hope you now can be free....
  8. Y

The PACE trial [pro]: It’s time to broaden perceptions and move on. Keith Petrie, John Weinman

Because they loose patients and patients mean money?? That's their unique goal. We have been on psicotic hands and we ( patients ) have discovered it . Why are they psychotic? Simply, when instead of giving us a chance to recovery investing in REAL science these people spend 5 million of £...
  9. Y

Brave Sir Prof Wessely discusses death threats 29th March 2017

This guy really needs a psychiatrist himself. His behaviour at the conference , laughing at the patients , insulting people and showing nothing about empathy , betrays him as a true psychopath.
  10. Y

Brave Sir Prof Wessely discusses death threats 29th March 2017

That' You're right, not just a sociopath, a PSICHOpath. Who else , in their sane mind, can think first in his EGO( and money ) than a DOCTOR? who doesn't care the health of their patients? I really think we ( patients ) should DENOUNCE him in front of human rights court. Not everything...
  11. Y

Multimodal and simultaneous assessments of brain and spinal fluid abnormalities in CFS

Neither do I. I think "something" is affecting our body and this reacts with high inmunological response that affects ( among others ) nervous s. As most neorological illness, our nervous sistem is malfuncioning and this biological impair translate in behaviour : slow, confused, cognitive...
  12. Y

Multimodal and simultaneous assessments of brain and spinal fluid abnormalities in CFS

This could be a strong proof for those who believe this is "somathic". It's our time to refuse and condemn the idea of somatic illness. Not because medicine can't explain what we have, it does mean all is in our mind.
  13. Y

An Update on ME/CFS Research with Ronald W. Davis, PhD

Can you imagin teaching? Some times tireness is awful.
  14. Y

Pffff!! That would be an automatic response! :rofl:
  15. Y

Something it happens to me almost each day teaching is that I notice a mental tireness if I talk continuosly. I think this fatigability can be due to the lack of energy or oxigen in my brain
  16. Y

Explain them your energy limitations this way: Think of a car that has arrived to the minimum fuel. What would you do? Run 120 km/h or slow down speed for not wasting that minimum fuel? Same simil with low battery in the movile phone...
  17. Y

Yesss. Its one of the neurological or cognitive sympthoms. I teach pupils with special needs ( hiperactivity, attention deficit, autism, Down S. , learning disabilities ) and I've been really conscient of many of my cognitive impairments. Even more. I told the neurologist and He didn't trust me...
  18. Y

Neuroskeptic: Open Data and CFS/ME – A PACE Odyssey Part 1

Sorry. I forgot the film!!
  19. Y

Neuroskeptic: Open Data and CFS/ME – A PACE Odyssey Part 1

Has anybody watch this film? I really think there is a paralelism between it and the history of our illness. I think we are in the way and really close to find ,at least, a treatment ( meanwile finding the cure ;) ) I also really believe psychiatric wiew , theories and treatment will be a bad...
  20. Y

Never doubt it!!! :rofl:
  21. Y

I'm just taking one month of rest from working. Since November I've been having continuos orine infections, B12 down, T4 below parameters, and PCR +. ( I'm surprised I'd got that energy to continue teaching next 4 months!) I'm expecting my blood tests in a week. Its really funny my doctor! He...
  22. Y

We know, and I can understand what you say because I have sons and I'm the same way of been, but stress and fatigue are never good companions. Take care all of you! Lots of kisses
  23. Y

Please. Tell him to take care of himself. I feel sorry for his tireness. Give him a big and sincerely huge.
  24. Y

Have you got any idea why we have to demonstrate it so many times? I can't understand it.
  25. Y

I have same sympthoms in both.