• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Article: NK Cells/African Sleeping Sickness,Tyrosine and ME/CFS: A Professor and his Wife

Hi, I can't really comment on the artemesia and tyrosine combined/idea. However, I would like to comment on the parasite involvement for what it is worth. This is only an educated guess but I would think that the parasite involvement would be a secondary event rather than primary. If malaria...
  2. D

Article: NK Cells/African Sleeping Sickness,Tyrosine and ME/CFS: A Professor and his Wife

Hi, I can only comment that erythromycin and theophylline are never to be taken together. I'm not schooled in pharmacology but competent pharmacists will tell you is the case. My wife's emergency room doc was a pathologist, likely trying to earn some extra money and may not have remembered...
  3. D

parasitology Hi, Parasites encompass any organism that injures its host in some way, e.g. robbing the host of nutrition, damaging tissue, interfering with reproduction, etc. Therefore, each taxonomic group of organisms contains parasites. Orchids are categorized as parasites as are a...
  4. D

Cortisol Hi, I taught human physiology and parasitology for 38 years. One of the responses to stress is cortisol secretion by the adrenal cortices. Cortisol will depress immune function including reducing the activity of T-cells which includes natural killer T-cells. It also increases...