• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Pyroluria, is it real? I'm really skeptical and here is why.

@Johnmac - thanks for the reply! I agree. My ferratin is in the same range and I've had issues with my serum iron as well. I'm just curious if it's the linger effect of an h pylori infection, which means absorption issues. Or if there's another hidden viral infection going on, which might then...
  2. D

Pyroluria, is it real? I'm really skeptical and here is why.

@Johnmac I'm curious if you've ever managed to get your iron up? Also, I'm curious about where the info is relating to infections and copper deficiency? I recently started supplementing zinc and began getting an upper respiratory cough and infection. I've been reading that Lyme disease will...
  3. D

What I discovered so far

I also just wanted to say thank you for this post. There's a lot of very interesting things which correlate somewhat to my own experiences. First of which made me double check my test results from the NHS Doctor here in the UK and see that they actually screened for Whooping cough not...
  4. D

What I discovered so far

Copper is interesting because it could be bio unavailable as well. Candida, like Lyme, feeds on heavy metals and does well if there's a lot of unbound copper floating around. Detoxing the metals and making the environment less candida friendly seems reasomable to try.