• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Hollb

Constant vertigo/dizziness

Thats interesting, thank you, I will try leaving it out and see what happens.
  2. Hollb

I cannot sleep at all

This happened to me when I was first taking B vitamins. I didn't sleep for more than a few hours a night for months on end. For me the problem turned out to be very low magnesium levels. I can now fall asleep naturally again now that I have raised my magnesium. A combination of B12 and Potassium...
  3. Hollb

Constant vertigo/dizziness

Has anyone experienced vertigo/dizziness and found a specific nutrient deficiency/imbalance to be the cause? It started with a sensation I have had previously (for many years actually on and off) of my brain 'shifting' to one side inside my head -quite hard to describe. It would make my whole...
  4. Hollb

Mild pins and needles - is this a symptom of Potassium deficiency?

Hi all, Thanks ever so much for all the advice. It has taken me nearly a month to completely disentangle what was going on. It turns out I was deficient in potassium and folate, but much more so in folate. @Mary Thank you, I took you advice and upped the potassium which helped alot, Once I...
  5. Hollb

Mild pins and needles - is this a symptom of Potassium deficiency?

Hi all, I believe I am experiencing hypokalemia onset, but have some symptoms I am not sure about. All yesterday I had a strong muscle spasm in my thumb that came and went. I took some potassium (two 99mg tablets) in a divided dose through the afternoon but it didn't get much better. In the...
  6. Hollb

Alternatives to oral supplements?

aaron_c I haven't yet tried Carnitine, I have a pot sitting in the cupboard waiting though so will give it a go soon. Good to hear that it helped you, I had some success with Glutamine, but it started to give me an odd lightheaded sensation so I stopped taking it. I aven't really properly begun...
  7. Hollb

Thank you both very much for these suggestions. The b12 oils look very promising, especially the B complex oil, although I am tempted to try out the Methyl oil too given how well some other people have found it to work! The only thing I am unsure about is the lack of Methylfolate in the B...
  8. Hollb

Does anyone know of transdermal B complex/Vitamin D supplements, or have any suggestions for ways to get vitamins other than orally? I am currently injecting 1mg of hydroxycobalamin daily which is helping alot with my energy levels and has pretty much eliminated my brain fog. I want to...