• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. BiotinJunkie

My success story. Tons of biotin.

By the way, anxiety was also one my of my symptoms (during and years before strong metabolic symptoms). Now I feel anxiety (and have sweaty hands) far not as often and far not as strong as before. I noticed how social interaction became easier for me.
  2. BiotinJunkie

Now I can say for sure that this B6 is also important for me. Yesterday I did forget to take one before sleep and noticed how bad my sleeping became after 5 hours (there was a light version of the bad feelings in the brain), and a fresh capsule of biotin was unable to solve it fast. Then I did...
  3. BiotinJunkie

Looks interesting. For those searching for oxaloacetate, this may be helpful to know another names: 3-carboxy-3-oxopropanoic acid and oxaloacetic acid (I just read).
  4. BiotinJunkie

Learner1, I was not trying to convince everyone that massive biotin supplementation is a cure-all for all of you; the first post in my topic contains the text: "I believe I have some very rare and unknown metabolic genetic disease.". I have expressed it clearly from the beginning. Reminder...
  5. BiotinJunkie

It feels like that. But full exome sequencing failed to find it. I can say I have some form of polycystic kidney disease (first discovered at age 18, far before strong metabolic symptoms). And a rare hemizygote mutation in the MECP2 gene (as rare as 0.01% of total population freq and 0.01% of...
  6. BiotinJunkie

Lab work failed to find it, but my subjective feeling is very strong and I have done a long path of experimentation and thinking to come here. It feels like I have carboxylase deficiency in the brain.
  7. BiotinJunkie

Taking that much of one nutrient probably doesn't make sense in your case, but mine is different. Just to mention. Biotin is a cofactor itself in the reaction where I am very deficient. If I will stop taking biotin, I will hit metabolic dementia very fast.
  8. BiotinJunkie

Few days ago I managed to make my sleep time without bad feelings at all! (I was afraid that those bad feelings between biotin dosages was damaging my brain). The most important thing was to stop taking melatonin. I realized it was bad for sublingual biotin absorbtion. There was the time when...
  9. BiotinJunkie

By the way, I also have seborrheic dermatitis. And it used to be worse few years ago (without biotin).
  10. BiotinJunkie

I just remebered another thing that worked for me. One tablet of "Source Naturals, PQQ Mind" taken sublingually instead of biotin, also had effect (tested about 2-3 years ago). But the effect was not as good as from biotin. As far as I remember, the main drawback of PQQ was that it had fading...
  11. BiotinJunkie

Two weeks ago I added Coenzymated B6 (25 mg pyridoxal-5'-phosphate), swallow it just before bed-time and it makes my night symptoms much softer (night symptoms it is short periods of each time, when I wake up with feeling of "low biotin" and take new dosage of biotin under the tongue to sleep...
  12. BiotinJunkie

During the winter holidays I discovered that now I can eat normal foods (soup, fish, meat, mushrooms, salad with sour cream; raw, boiled, salted, or baked in the oven) without any pain. Just taking 1 banana and 1 glass of water before meal. And eating 1-2 bananas with water between meals if I...
  13. BiotinJunkie

Hi Marple. What I can say: 1) your case is very different from mine 2) but there is some information in the discussion above that might be useful for you.
  14. BiotinJunkie

Carbohydrates is good for me only if I am taking a lot of biotin sublingually. But without biotin, carbohydrates is far worse for me than ketogenic diet.
  15. BiotinJunkie

As far as I have read, currently there are no scientific evidence for serious side effects from very big dosages of biotin (I have read somewhere about rare case where someone eats 300 mg of biotin daily).
  16. BiotinJunkie

I did start to see an improvement of my symptoms from the first 10 mg capsule taken under the tongue (but not from the first eaten). I did only had a cognitive fatigue. I did forget to mention. Large amounts of Slippery Elm is not needed for me now (I have cut it gradually to just a 2 capsules...
  17. BiotinJunkie

I would start to feel very unpleasant cognitive and mood decline in less than one day.
  18. BiotinJunkie

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17182796 "Biotin deficiency inhibits heme synthesis and impairs mitochondria in human lung fibroblasts" Just googled it with "Krebs cycle biotin" request. And the link from pubmed page that mentioned above: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26343941 "Biotin...
  19. BiotinJunkie

Probably not, but it feels like something familiar... I just checked my logs and noticed that I have bought Taurine four months ago but forgot it to try.
  20. BiotinJunkie

I foud that swallowing biotin (60 capsules 10 000 mcg each by Healthy origins) + fatty cheese (60 mg of 40-50% fatty cheese) is a good combo wich allows me to sleep much longer before I need sublingual dosage. This should be done just after the dinner (before sleep). I think the fat from cheese...
  21. BiotinJunkie

Okay. I just asked a moderator to delete "?rcode=NZP025" from my links so no one would doubt my sincerity.
  22. BiotinJunkie

Hello CloudD790, really I don't think I have a bad sleep now. Waking up 1-2 times in the middle of the sleep in order to refresh biotin supply in the blood, it is not the problem for me. I have had awfull sleep without biotin, but now I am usualy wake up quite refreshed. I am sure my sleep...
  23. BiotinJunkie

My recovery story

I have found this topic very interesting because the first time I started feeling extreme carbohydrate cravings and agitation in 2010 was just about one month after wisdom tooth removal (first was tooth removal, then I had some stress in my life and catched a cold while walking under the rain...
  24. BiotinJunkie

low biotin, fat synthesis and gluconeogenesis.

When I was taking biotin as most people do (just swallow) - I did not notice improvements of my brain energy level. But when I opened the capsule (10000 mcg by Solgar) and took the powder under the tongue - I noticed much improvements almost immediately (just after 1 to 5 minutes)! So that is...
  25. BiotinJunkie

My success story. Tons of biotin. Hi. I am a male from Russia, 26 years old. My weight is 65 kg and my height is 178 cm. I have had deadly hard symptoms, all in my brain: extreme fatigue, feeling of stupidity in the head, feeling of emptiness or pressure in the head, bad sleep. And I was...