• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. lintonthepenguin

Differences between post-viral fatigue and ME/CFS

Yes - that's a very common story, from what I hear. I'm very sorry that your infection led to ME/CFS. :(
  2. lintonthepenguin

Thanks for the insight. And yeah, it may or may not be relevant, given the heterogenous triggers of ME/CFS and the seemingly homogenous metabolic dysfunction going on. I have no background in this subject whatsoever, but... my understanding is that they're all labels that are somewhat...
  3. lintonthepenguin

Dr. Ronald W. Davis Answers Patient Questions: Q and A follow-up to 2/21/17 Research Update

See, that makes a lot of intuitive sense to me, and would also seem to tally with the preliminary success Fluge and Mella are finding in Rituximab (albeit the efficacy of Rituximab could be due to the drug's other more obscure effects, as Dr Davis has mentioned before). That said, I'm not sure...
  4. lintonthepenguin

That's very interesting - thanks a lot for offering your/your brother's experiences. If you don't mind my asking, what were your initial symptoms and your brother's symptoms (if you can recall)? I'm just curious how similar they were, since it might provide a little bit of anecdotal insight into...
  5. lintonthepenguin

Dr. Ronald W. Davis Answers Patient Questions: Q and A follow-up to 2/21/17 Research Update

When I listen to Dr Davis's current understanding of how ME/CFS works, while I certainly don't doubt his hypothesis/understanding of the disease (he's a remarkable scientist and has access to a lot of data and knowledge that I certainly don't), one question does come to mind. If the fundamental...
  6. lintonthepenguin

Yes, this is the understanding I have of it. The thing is, my understanding of it is also that it's fairly difficult to distinguish between the two on symptoms alone, and that the only real way of knowing whether something is a transient postviral syndrome or an actual ME/CFS presentation is to...
  7. lintonthepenguin

Hey, everyone. Thanks for your advice and the warm welcome - I really appreciate it. :) A few things - Yes, I've been trying to 'listen to my body' and not push myself to do anything. It helps that I'm currently on a gap year between sixth form (UK equivalent of American high school) and...
  8. lintonthepenguin

Hey, everyone. I'm a newcomer around here, though I've been lurking/reading for a little while, ever since I came down with some sort of flu/flu-like viral infection with tonsillitis that knocked me for six just over a month ago. I've recovered from the 'acute' phase, but been left with a few...