• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Virtual reality to rewire brain?

Thanks for your thoughts. I have an M.E diagnosis and I’m largely housebound. I do believe it’s a true diagnosis. I’m under an nhs cfs clinic. Their approach is focused on ANS dysfunction and that this causes a maladaptive response, eg your muscles aren’t damaged from minimal exercise but the...
  2. B

Virtual reality to rewire brain?

Has anyone tried using a virtual reality headset to rewire the brain into accepting excercise? I have seen it used to help people to walk again after amputation or brain injuries. I’m largely housebound and unable to walk more than a few metres without PEM. I have been searching for virtual...
  3. B

Skin tolerence to pressure

Hi I got cfs after sepsis in 2015. Initially, I was bed bound for 3 months and developed what I presumed was the beginning of pressure sores...I'd get red circles between my knees if I slept with one leg on top of the other and red patches on the soles of my feet if I sat up in bed with the...