• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. sleepingbeautyxxx

burning sensation on skin

@happy I consulted my doctor and she said that this symptom fits very well in the cfs picture. I guess it is yet another neurological problem we have to deal with... I find that heat makes it worse sometimes, at least in the mornings. It might help to keep a slightly cooler bed (hard for me...
  2. sleepingbeautyxxx

Intermittent fasting and CFS/ME?

Thank you for that extensive answer! @Basilico When I was younger I was also a 'natural' intermittent faster. I skipped breakfast all the time... I don't know myself if it made a difference but I was young so of course I didn't pay attention.
  3. sleepingbeautyxxx

Depersonalization/Derealization and brain fog

@BFitz89 I'm waking up everyday hoping that it just disappears. Sometimes I'm asking myself too how one's supposed to endure that a whole life. :/ But we have to stay positive I guess! Still got hope that it just goes away after a few years or an effective treatment is discovered.
  4. sleepingbeautyxxx

That looks very interesting! @anne_likes_red Has it helped you so far? I couldn't handle noisy and busy environments as well when I was a child. I had to join an extra small group with quieter children in kindergarten because I cried the whole day in the normal group.
  5. sleepingbeautyxxx

Thank you @anne_likes_red What do you do for treatment?
  6. sleepingbeautyxxx

Thank you @pattismith how do you manage it now? Like you said is was bad in school, is it better now? I have a very nice doctor. She diagnosed me. :)
  7. sleepingbeautyxxx

@Henry A I guess it's a vicious circle because m.e. symptoms stress you out, your symptoms get worse, depersonalization gets worse, anxiety gets worse, m.e. gets worse and so on... but for me it's almost permanently... It got only better that one time since the start of my cfs. (but of course...
  8. sleepingbeautyxxx

@eric_gladiator I'm 17 thank you for replying. :)
  9. sleepingbeautyxxx

Brain fog was my first ever obvious cfs symptom and the one that lead me to do my research. It gradually got worse over time and nobody would understand if I tried to describe it to them. Yesterday I watched a video of Serena Summers: and she mentioned that her brain fog is accompanied by...
  10. sleepingbeautyxxx

Puzzling Test Result

The keto diet in general causes a lot of problems, it's only great for weight loss in my opinion. But of course it's your choice. :) You're welcome!
  11. sleepingbeautyxxx

Puzzling Test Result

I never had as serious problems as you described, but when I was about 5 I had a chronic bladder infection. It went up to my kidneys and was quite dangerous. I constantly felt like I had a bladder infection but the tests always came back negative so they decided to use a catheter to get urine...
  12. sleepingbeautyxxx

@Valentijn sounded too good to be true haha. I already thought that there has to be something...
  13. sleepingbeautyxxx

But I heard your body adapts to a low calorie intake after about 35 hours and the body becomes more energy efficient so you gain back weight quickly. Probably also not a good idea because I'm still in school and I don't want to accidentally faint haha. I think intermittent fasting triggers...
  14. sleepingbeautyxxx

I agree with @Invisible Woman. If I ate 2000 kcal a day I would gain quite a bit of weight since I'm not very active at the moment. I feel sick if I eat that much. I'm also quite short (1,60m). I eat plant based too by the way! :)
  15. sleepingbeautyxxx

@NL93 Honestly I'm struggling eating 1400kcal a day (if I eat healthy foods) but I'm female and short so I think it's alright. I also don't lose weight eating about 1200-1400kcal a day. And I never fast entire days, I'd only try 8/16 :) I'm hoping that it might help with sleep quality since...
  16. sleepingbeautyxxx

Do you naturally have a high metabolism @Invisible Woman? I feel like people with high metabolisms (those who can eat and eat without gaining a pound I mean) can't handle longer periods of not eating. A friend of mine is one of those persons, she never could fast since she would perhaps faint...
  17. sleepingbeautyxxx

@TakMak interesting... I always had the feeling that my cognitive function got slightly better. But as I said, only tried it a couple of times. Let me know if you try again! Wish you luck. x
  18. sleepingbeautyxxx

I already tried out IF (8/16) a couple of times but not strictly. Since it's meant to promote healing and regeneration of the body, I'm wondering if CFS/ME sufferers could benefit from it if done long term? The few times I tried it out I was completely fine. No worsening of any symptoms. But...
  19. sleepingbeautyxxx

Alcohol Tolerance Poll

When I'm in a bad state I can't tolerate alcohol at all. I think I had my worst crash after I drank a little bit of wine. I couldn't move. Another time I had like 1/4 glass of wine I thought I was coming down with a very very bad cold. But right now I can tolerate more alcohol than ever and it...
  20. sleepingbeautyxxx

Talking / mental fatigue

I feel the same. My first symptoms definitely were sluggishness, fatigue and brain fog. I'm still going to school full and it's exhausting me extremely. In my worst times my body started aching from thinking to hard and I got light headaches from just trying to concentrate. I can do a little...
  21. sleepingbeautyxxx

Ignorant pediatrics

There's something on my heart I wanted to talk about. Back in 2014 I slowly came down with cfs after having had shingles. My energy level gradually got worse so I started telling my at that time pediatrics how I felt and asking them what I could do about it. When I first told them, they just...
  22. sleepingbeautyxxx

Voices from the Shadows - 30 min version free Please Share

Thank you so much for the code! Wanted to watch it, but didn't know where and especially for free!
  23. sleepingbeautyxxx

Muscle pain in upper arms

@stridor yes, my shoulders also hurt a lot of the times. And I think it's a marker when I've overdone it.
  24. sleepingbeautyxxx

@rosie26 It's not the skin, it's the muscle itself, hurting when I apply pressure. But thank you for the link, since I had this symptom too and now I know what it was. I had an extremely sensitive patch of skin on my back for probably two months.
  25. sleepingbeautyxxx

@mirshine oh that sounds bad! That's what I'm realizing right now.. so many different pains.
  26. sleepingbeautyxxx

Muscle pain is a quite new symptom to me and I realized that the muscles of my upper arm feel exactly like I got a vaccination if I rub over them. It's really strange. Especially since I don't lift things, I only write but only with my right hand. But both arms are equal. Is this the typical...
  27. sleepingbeautyxxx

Is this joint pain

@Jessie 107 pain is also new to me but I get it mostly in my hips too. Also in my knees and ankles (in all joints, really), the pain wanders. I'm now realizing that it definitely gets worse when I exhaust myself, it most often occurs in the evening, after school.
  28. sleepingbeautyxxx

how to recover?

Hey, I'm just curious about some recovery stories. I really want to get better before I really get worse (I currently suffer from mild ME). Just tell me what you think helped you getting better, anything from pacing strategies to supplements, and also how long it took and how bad you were...
  29. sleepingbeautyxxx

Mild, gradually worsening cfs?

@HowToEscape? Case A. is my fear right now... I feel like I almost reached the waterfall. My symptoms only worsened slowly over the last three years. Then I got the flu shot and now it seems like I can't really go back to the state before. I haven't really been healthy for three months now. And...
  30. sleepingbeautyxxx

Slow onset vs. sudden onset ME/CFS - numbers anyone?

Thank you very much @arewenearlythereyet :) I try to!