• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. 9

Is it hard to convince docs to give IV saline?

Yes, of course, That is the first thing anyone tries.
  2. 9

I have been on Saline IVs for a few months and they have made the difference between being a non person to low functioning. I hope to improve but it is definitely slow going. I don't believe it is a placebo effect, so for anyone who wishes to try it, I say do so and find a dr who is willing to...
  3. 9

Saying IV fluids are a placebo effect is ignorant. I have CFS, Fibro, POTS and a few other things and IV fluids are the only thing that have helped me. Until you suffer with this or truly deal with patients who do, I think you should refrain from being so disrespectful.
  4. 9

Oxytocin injections anyone?

Hi Hip :) Ok, so maybe a bit of background would be best first? Diagnosed with: Tenosynovitis, CFS, MCS, insomnia etc at 13yrs Had Glandular Fever age 15, diagnosed with PCOS, chronic migraines, tachycardia/arrhythmia, Costochrondritis, Vulvadynia/Vestibulitis, Fibromyalgia and all the other...
  5. 9

Oxytocin injections anyone?

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone is considering Oxytocin, I have been using it for a week now with daily subcutaneous injections of 40iu/day + extra 20iu/day when needed for high pain/stress and it has been amazing! It is early days, but it has made a huge difference and the...