• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

alcohol helps me?

Lyrica acts very quickly and lasts for a couple of hours. It's not like antidepressants which take weeks/months to kick in. It's more like tylenol, which you'll feel within an hour and it lasts for a couple of hours. I can usually feel the effects of lyrica within an hour or two, and it...
  2. L

alcohol helps me?

I feel that you and I are in different subgroups of ME/CFS... I also take 100mg (50mg morning, 50mg night), but it works wonders for me (though only lasts a couple of hours each time). When I drink alcohol, it again does wonders for me (though it lasts only a couple of hours). Since alcohol...
  3. L

alcohol helps me?

Have you tried LYRICA (pregabalin)? I am the same way in that drinking hard liquor (not beer) improves my brain fog and energy levels. Lyrica actually gives me a VERY similar feeling (feel intoxicated without being sloppy), and it's the med that's helped the most for me. My memory is sharper...
  4. L

What labs to do before starting IVIG/Rituximab?

Wouldn't a positive result indicate autoimmunity though? Even if it is a low positive? They set a negative range, at-risk range, and a positive range. Could you tell me more about these patients? Did they have the JC Virus and develop PML? Did they get better once rituximab was stopped and...
  5. L

Yes, I did get the CellTrend antibody testing done two months ago, and I came back positive on 3/11 antibodies. however, they were not super high values; They were just a few points above the lower limit for the positive range. I was also in the "at-risk" range for a few of them. I, too...
  6. L

Hi, Before starting IVIG or rituximab treatment, are there any antibody tests I should have done? - I've read that since IVIG introduces lots of antibodies from the blood of thousands of donors, any antibody tests done while on IVIG would give you a false positive. - If I would like to...
  7. L

IVIG Treatment

Please keep us posted. Are there other PWME on the board who actually got better with IVIG besides Gingergrrl? I am in the middle of getting IVIG approved by my health insurance and would love to hear experiences about IVIG... I am really hoping IVIG will work for you, Navid.
  8. L

Dr Park's 90% Recovery Protocol (LD-IVIG / IV Saline / ART / Nutrition) - What can we learn?

I'm not 100% fluent but they are mostly negative. "I personally had no response (to his treatment). He's also a highly controversial doctor. I absolutely do not recommend him." "I, too, went to his clinic 15 years ago. The first day I went, while I was getting the shot, I could feel that I...
  9. L

Unexplained exertional dyspnea caused by low ventricular filling pressures: results from clinical invasive cardiopulmonary exercise testing

Hi @JollyRoger Is diastolic dysfunction a hallmark of CFS? Also, I consider myself pretty young still (31), and I sporadically go to the gym (mostly some light weightlifting) even though I fatigue very easily. I'm on the thin side and am not overweight. I'm unsure how large my left atrium is...
  10. L

Dr Park's 90% Recovery Protocol (LD-IVIG / IV Saline / ART / Nutrition) - What can we learn?

After some searching around online on S.Korean websites, it appears that this doctor is highly controversial among the Korean CFS community. I found a Korean-language forum for CFS and they do not recommend him. They also mention that he's a bit infamous and controversial... I would...
  11. L

To CoQ10 or not to CoQ10

This did nothing for me. I was told by a mito doc to try this out in case I might have a mitochondrial myopathy. I took a combo of high-dose CoQ10, ribaflavin, and L-carnitine. Did NADA!