• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Post your NutrEval Krebs Cycle Results...

Manganese primarily. Also antioxidants. Make sure your copper is not too low while zinc to copper ratio is ok. When you say borderline hypoglycemic you mean like fasting glucose in the 60s?
  2. D

Yes too much glycolysis is bad. But some cfs sufferers are high in lactic acid and others are low. I think most who are heavy with glycolysis when there are serious blocks in the Krebs cycle. So it is hard to draw a simple conclusion.
  3. D

Urea Cycle: It's a real Pisser - Ammonia, Arginine, Ornithine, Citrulline.

Sorry if I offended you but it was intended as a joke. I can see this is very serious for you. Good luck.
  4. D

How much molybdenum are people taking?

To be clear when I ssid lactoferrin does not secure iiron in the livet or blood it eas so people did mot misconstrue that it keeps iron away from systemic pathogens like Lyme's outside of the gut. It does wonders for sequestering iron from bugs in the gut. As Adreno linjed the net effect is now...
  5. D

Urea Cycle: It's a real Pisser - Ammonia, Arginine, Ornithine, Citrulline.

It absorbs ammonia in the gut. It will not stop the bacteria from making it.
  6. D

Yasko??

Ironically people with an overeager immune system will tend to sick less often. May depend on genotype. But they can also over-react to things they ingest or are exposed to. Double edged sword.
  7. D

Understood. I guess it shows how energy values for a person are not only about the Krebs cycle. Again your mitochondrial flux looks strong so you don't seem to have the obvious blocks that something like mercury would tend to create in that cycle. However, clinically you have fatigue. So other...
  8. D

Yasko??

The gut and immune system are very intertwined.
  9. D

Induced insatiable Hypokalemia and Methylfolate Insufficiency

Does not matter if from food or elsewhere folate metabolites will get shunted to folinic acid if their levels get too high. Think of what happens when methylfolate out is ingested. It is absorbed, circulates, does its business and turns into THF which then is either recycled to methylfolate, is...
  10. D

Folic acid - a promoter of growth for bacteria and fungi

Np. I take a REALLY heavy probiotic, simple blunt force object. It is the Klaire Labs Detoxification 50 billion CFU one. Anything more lightweight leads to issues sadly. A SIBO test shows I have a bad bacterial dysbiosis running around like a bull in china shop but so far no luck on which one...
  11. D

VDR alleles

I do think though Lotus if you are seriously considering Lyme's and you have said some things before that has suggested a possible link (right?) ... then you may want to get with a LLMD who can really evaluate you for it. You might even need a second opinion until you find an LLMD you are...
  12. D

Yasko??

I got discouraged when I really researched the VDR stuff and the mistake she made with regards to the wild type haplotype. But when I researched the CBS stuff and the 10x upregulation myth and pieced together what she and others had done to arrive at that erroneous myth that has been perpetuated...
  13. D

Yasko??

Heh you don't probably want to know. My case is very atypical. Due to my rare autoimmune disease there was no choice but to use glucocorticoids as the main anti-inflammatory agents. Florinef to regulate electrolytes was huge. Cytomel T3 to bypass high reverse T3 so I could get out of hypothyroid...
  14. D

Yasko??

Can you make a thread on that Danny? It might be instructive to some. Correct knowledge is very important for all of us here imo.
  15. D

Yasko??

Your body responds to systemic inflammation by shunting to production of taurine since while not strictly anti-inflammatory in the sense of reduced cytokine signaling, it counteracts amino acids that tend to rise when inflammation increases. Ironically taurine is put into energy drinks to reduce...
  16. D

Biotin is a cofactor for pyruvate carboxylase to convert pyruvate into oxacetalate. I am not aware of b6 direct use as a cofactor in the Krebs cycle. Adb12 (not mb12) is involved in the flux through the succinyl COA branch flowing in at the bottom of the diagram.
  17. D

I think you would have to have pretty high intake levels of vitamin A to make any real impact. In general for multiple reasons retinol vitamin A is the best form. And again food folates are predominantly not folinic acid but that has been explained to death already in other threads.
  18. D

dannybex I will try to get my values up soon. Mine from 2010 were a lot like yours in pattern with the exception that my AKG was even higher relatively speaking. And mine had nothing to do with mercury. My glutamate to GABA and glutamate to glutamine ratios were way out of whack. Glutamate was...
  19. D

Wow Caledonia your Krebs cycle is humming now! Kudos! I don't have a recent one, but my one in 2010 when I first started talking to Rich Vank looked a lot like DannyBex's with the exception that my front end was worse and my AKG was higher relatively speaking. Edit: your lactic acid is high...
  20. D

I would agree. B2 is needed in active form to convert all the other b's into their active form including b6 to p5p. Your chemical equilibrium is probably sitting at a particular spot and when you downshift b2 or something else your equilibrium shifts. Perhaps by lowering b2 you were not...
  21. D

Yasko??

Excellent comment. Especially the last line. And the problem is those of us on these boards are all coming in with a "blank slate"
  22. D

Yasko??

If your read my "Couple of Questions" thread you will see the Yasko 10x up regulation of CBS is a myth. She misinterpreted a research paper where they intentionally and artificially created a SAM-e independent upregulated CBS enzyme by introducing a stop codon that chopped off the entire 3'...
  23. D

Lactoferrin is also good because it simply sequesters the iron for your OWN use as opposed to other gut pathogens. It won't do anything for securing iron reserves in the blood or liver, ONLY in the gut.
  24. D

Folic acid - a promoter of growth for bacteria and fungi

My main strike weapons against Candida are diflucan and Nystatin. Maintenance is diet control, niaciamide and molybdenum. Niacinamide is also extremely useful to kill resistance to diflucan. Nystatin is not gut permeable and cleans the pipes. I take that may be 1-2 times a year for six weeks...
  25. D

Yasko??

Very possibly. When i took my nutraeval my taurine was 4x above normal range witg high beta alanine. I only then started to supplement. But over time i came to realize taurine is very high when the body is in a high inflammatory state. I also did serum amino acid profile which is a better...
  26. D

VDR alleles

Th1 elevated response does not necessarily mean a true autoimmune antibody response. Sepsis has severe elevated Th1 but you would never treat a person with sepsis with glucocorticoids. But I will grant that a chronic arthriris component is autoimmune in nature but that is very different than...
  27. D

VDR alleles

Fair enough. But I am sorry what you wrote in the prior post "I don't care if you don't have CFS/ME," not sure how else to interpret that without additional context like you just provided. Ergo my response. I obviously did that because others who may be reading the end of the thread and not...
  28. D

I have been on 3 x 150 mcg for six months and my molybdenum RBC values are still way below normal. Hair analysis done a few months ago also showed very low. Mo clearly reduces reflux and certain pain patterns that would be commensurate with sulfite issues. At the same time I just found out...
  29. D

VDR alleles

Huh ???? Sorry but I do care !!!! For those others may be confused by you cutting out a snippet out of context, here is my original paragraph: Heck personally I see a lot of people on here with bad health states but with honestly not that bad of genotypes (at least for SNPs we know of). Also...