• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

Bowen Therapy in Salt Lake area to relieve symptoms.

Here is a better description written by the expert. Bowenwork is an Australian modality that instructs the nervous system to balance itself and begin the process of self-healing within your own body. Done through clothing and without oils, it is relaxing and releasing without the force...
  2. I

It's a holistic method kind of like massage, but more gentle. This URL explains better than I can. http://bowencode.com/Welcome.html (Laurel, I think I've met you, have you done stuff for OFFER?)
  3. I

can bowen technique help those with cfs

There is a free Bowen study in Salt Lake/Utah Valley (Utah) area. Anyone interested in trying Bowen send your contact info to imabath@yahoo.com.
  4. I

I'm looking for 35 ME/CFS patients in Salt Lake/Utah Valley (Utah) area who would like to participate in a free study on Bowen Therapy. It could help with CFS pain and brain fog. If interested email contact information to imabath@yahoo.com
  5. I

Wheelchair/Mobility Scooter Thread

Are there any ADA laws to help people in wheelchairs? I've been pushed in a wheelchair before, and am amazed at the people who feel it's okay to walk right in front of me and then get mad when they get hit. Or when in tight crowds someone get's their foot smashed because they are walking too...
  6. I

Should a CFS female have a baby? Should she go on antiretrovirals during pregnancy?

I recommend looking at the OFFER meeting on this topic :) I also got sick while in high school. My husband knew that I was sick when we married, and his love for me is unconditional. We chose to have children, and understand that ALL parents pass on unwanted genes to their children. I have been...
  7. I

T-shirts to raise awareness and funds

Nice ideas! I thought of a child's shirt that says "My mom couldn't help me get dressed this morning because she's too sick so I was stuck with this t-shirt. CFS awareness" or something more generic like "I wear my pj's all day to support CFS"
  8. I

T-shirts to raise awareness and funds

I've got a friend who owns a print shop. She said she'd cut me a deal. Anyone out there have ideas. There are CFS T's out there, but I've not come across anything I'd actually wear. My friend said the graphics need to be in "vector art in adobe illustrator" what ever that is.
  9. I

May 12 CFS Pajama Day

I'd love to see people wearing their Pajamas all day on May 12th every year. What better way for those who love us to show support by wearing their pj's to work. My children have a pj day at school every year. I've thought of asking the PTA to schedule their pj day on May 12th.
  10. I

Article: OFFERING Up a Conference: The OFFER CFS/FM Conferences

I can't wait to hear how the conference went. Dr. Bateman posted on FB that it was a success, with many medical providers attending.
  11. I

From the 1st annual XMRV conference

It's not working for me, someone please tell us what's going on.
  12. I

Did we do something to deserve this disease? Sin? Karma?

As a Christian I treasure my illness as a gift from God. It took many years for me to understand this. I see the good it has brought. I am not a patient person, yet I have learned to be patient with myself. I can not change that I got CFS at the age of 15, but I can change my attitude. It is my...
  13. I

Article: A Light in the Darkness: Good News Ahead for XMRV?

I was just told that If we don't hear anything by Thanksgiving to give them a call. They were interested in any family members who had/has prostate cancer.
  14. I

Article: A Light in the Darkness: Good News Ahead for XMRV?

When Dr. Light took my blood sample I asked her who was paying for the testing. She said offerutah.org was helping out. Also, someone who I know did the exercise test was getting his/her blood drawn the same day I did.