• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. undcvr

Copper dysregulation

Does anyone know how copper is related to methylation and/or SAMe? I have read somewhere that it raises homo cysteine levels but it does not seem to be a good study. Could Cu be supporting some enzyme production involved in methylation?
  2. undcvr

Vagus Nerve Stimulation (t-VNS) using TENS (non-invasive)

gammacore - fda approved vagus nerve stimulator it's applied along the neck
  3. undcvr

Nguyen et al/NCNED: Calcium mobilisation in NK cells from CFS/ME patients is associated with...

Is there a thread itself where pple are already on calcium channel blockers and how they are responding to it?
  4. undcvr

Folates for boosting histamine

@Dreambirdie you may not have a histamine problem at all you might have weak adrenals that are causing your allergy issues and your histamine issue is a response to that. The strongest anti inflammatory our body has is cortisol, at higher amounts it works as an immune suppressant dampening the...
  5. undcvr

Folates for boosting histamine

If you really want to raise your histamine levels why don't you take histidine or better let pure histamine sublingually instead. Believe it or it is actually avail and there are pple using it to treat MS. Folic acid is not the same as methylfolate, it has no methyl groups so at some point you...
  6. undcvr

What to do if expected Methyl Trapping?

shudnt u go back on it if you were feeling better on it? Just rememeber that u need lots of mb12 to help mfolate get over the methyl trap. You need active B6 (p5p) too.
  7. undcvr

Fatigue since starting methyl folate

Are you anemic? You mentioned 'air hunger'. There is a subset of CFS pple who feel that they cannot breathe enough and that they do no have enough oxygen. It is more common than people think. Did the Potassium help?
  8. undcvr

Folate..... water soluble or fat soluble ?

you are rite all b vitamins are water soluble especially folate
  9. undcvr

The Glutathione Depletion Cascade

You attach an ammonia group NH3 to AKG to get glutamine NOT glutamate.
  10. undcvr

You are talking about glutamine intracellularly its mechanism is very tight controlled as compared to ingesting say MSG and getting it into the bloodstream. Also you are recommending him niacinamide and ribose, you do know that they are eventually combined to form NADH and ATP rite? So NADH is...
  11. undcvr

@adreno omg no not glutamate not even healthy pple can tolerate glutamate in small amounts, its not even therapeutic in anyway. If you are going to try B3 and ribose I suggest you skip all that and take NADH from Enada and from Enada only. It's may help as it skips over all the pathways...
  12. undcvr

Not quite sure I agree with high dose mfolate doing long term damage. In fact I see it as rescuing many pathways that would othewise have trouble proceeding. The way it is helping is nothing like anything else I have tried and at the end of the day methylation is crucial.
  13. undcvr

Yes i've had PEM before I started taking this dose. I usually ramp up my doses of everything for the winters here anyway, this time I just decided to take much more cos the 15mg dose of it was at least able to to keep the SAD away. I started in Nov I would say. I nvr believed that methylation...
  14. undcvr

It's lifted the fatigue I don't feel like I have chronic fatigue anymore. I feel like I am weak in general but not fatigued. Somehow somewhere someone dropped the ball, i think we are eventually going to find out that mfolate is therapeutic (and safe) in doses much larger that we thought.
  15. undcvr

I agree with @adreno this is what I have been observing too. I have been taking really high doses of mfolate for awhile now an average of 90mg a day.
  16. undcvr

BETRAYAL by the BRAIN: Jay Goldstein, MD - Has anyone read???

I know that vasodilators do work, high dose vinpocetine, hawthorn, celery extract and anything that boosts nitric oxide production. Nowadays we know that anything that is an ACE inhibitor or an ARB cuts down on general inflammation. It isn't the cure though.
  17. undcvr

Is there a Lithium in a cream or none oral format?

grind up a tablet and put it under your tongue
  18. undcvr

Phospholipids

Update: I found a company that has a diagram on it and makes it. http://shop.nutrasal.com/PhosChol_900_Capsules_p/phos900-100.htm PPC is actually 1,2-dilinoleoylphosphatidylcholine. The good doctor may not quite know what he is talking about becos if it is true then PPC actually has linoleic...
  19. undcvr

Phospholipids

Couple of observations about the video: the nature and pub med article he talks about mentions choline not Pcholine. All of the Pcholine you find in lecithin is Pcholine. He also talks about how pcholine loses its ability to interact with water if it is surrounded by fats, this is not quite...
  20. undcvr

Deplin is sold in 15 mg and in the trials they used up to 60mg of it. That's a great observation between B6 and B9. What about B12? Do you give him any of that at all? If so which form?
  21. undcvr

Laura Hillenbrand interview with NYTimes

The Unbreakable Laura Hillenbrand http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/21/magazine/the-unbreakable-laura-hillenbrand.html?ribbon-ad-idx=4&rref=magazine
  22. undcvr

Phospholipids

What do you mean by 'stripped from its fatty acid'? Even NT Factor does not claim that it does that but I do know that the PC in their product is concentrated and purified. PC helps at both the liver and the cellular level so you could be feeling better from either of those things.
  23. undcvr

Has Anybody Taken NAD+

I've taken NADH from ENADA and its pretty good. It does give you an energy boost and it helps with making good bile to remove toxins from the liver, something everyone can benefit from. It's a very fragile energy compound so it is important to buy it from a good brand. According to ENADA they...
  24. undcvr

Mitochondrial Support and NT Factor

In my opinion NT Factor is jut concentrated phospholipids, the website says so itself. They extracted and concentrated the phospholipids out from Lecithin. Did high dose lecithin work for you? should work somewhat at least because those phospholipids can repair the cell surfaces besides being...
  25. undcvr

Anyone using MCT oil, if so what brand?

There is a big catch with MCT oil for the CFS comm. It is an antiviral/fungal n yeast n at the amounts taken for the bulletproof recipe can trigger a detox in the gut, especially when taken on an empty stomach. Some of the detox reactions with mct oil are mistaken for a side effect, this isn't...
  26. undcvr

ACE Defect and ACE Inhibitor for Blood Pressure?

I've been using hawthorn and celery seed for BP and ACEi and heart tonic. They are quite nice as a combo.
  27. undcvr

Conflicting info

There is known viral related myocarditis with EBV n CMV. Herpes viruses have been found in heart cells.
  28. undcvr

Better with alcohol

have u tried large doses of Vinpocetine? 30mg and up?
  29. undcvr

What next?

Psoriasis sounds like you cud up your thyroid activity a bit, u cud add Se to what you are taking now and a little Iodine but Se is more important for thyroid.