• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

After Christmas crash

Hi I managed to get through Boxing Day as well as Christmas Day at a push but knew that I would pay for it. But how do you pace on two of the most intense days of the year. Spent most of the next 4 days resting on my bed and still not back to my ME normal. I think you will recover with rest but...
  2. M

ME on BBC news this morning

BBC news is talking about ME this morning at 9.50 if anyone is interested, cheers.
  3. M

Driving with ME/CFS

Hi, I agree with all that has been said on this thread. I have always driven a manual car until my severe ME crash. I then found pushing the clutch in on a journey or holding it in in a jam became too exhausting so I have not looked back since changing to an automatic. That said, my wife and I...
  4. M

For those who attend the UK's Fatigue Clinics: what your therapist is told/believes

If I may put a different slant on this topic. Whilst I totally agree with all the members above comments, I think there is some positives to be taken from these clinics. After having a serious relapse around 7 years ago my doctor suggested I could attend a clinic that ran one afternoon a week...
  5. M

Improving or worsening?

Difficult to say really. I believe most of my life, now 64 but had a major crash 6 years ago which has led to me being in my current situation.
  6. M

Improving or worsening?

Hi, I think you have described my current phase of this illness exactly. Like you I am not sure what the long term outcome will be but I feel that it can only be positive. Less symptoms, quicker recoveries from crashes must be a good sign. There are still things that I cannot beat yet, in...
  7. M

Health supplements helpful or not.

Hello Just wondering if anybody has heard of a supplement regime under the heading of 'Thrive'. I believe there are a range of products and one called 'lifestyle dft' has been promoted on a website by someone with CFS/ME who says that since taking this product their symptoms have much...
  8. M

Can you go from severe to moderate.

Yes I believe you can go from severe to moderate. I was not aware I had ME until 5 years ago when I had a serious relapse in my health. I considered myself quite severe at this time. I kept a diary of symptoms and had about 40 over a 3-4 month period. 5 years on I think I am moderate with I...
  9. M

The Lost Years

This is my first post on the site. I have found this thread really interesting and of course saddening. I wonder how many of the long term sufferers have been that way from day one of a severe crash or if things have progressively crept up on them. Anyway to stay in the same condition for 20...