• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. jjxx

My Recovery From CFS (1): First Thing First

I had been ill for decades before I fed myself with nutrients/supplements that I was severely deficient due to my genetic variants. I can tell you I felt lift within an hour after I took sufficient dose of vitamins/minerals which is much higher than daily value and I call it "therapeutic...
  2. jjxx

Welcome to the capitalist world in which we are all indulged: all for profit! More millionaires are born with fancy cancer drugs/therapies pouring to the market. We become richer than most of the world by paying dear price with our health. So don't complain because nothing is free.
  3. jjxx

As someone with a BS in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and MS in Molecular Biology, I have to say I feel very bad that I took the RESPONSIBILITY way too late because I didn't understand on what and how Western Medicine is operating. It relies on MIRACLE drugs and does save lives when there is...
  4. jjxx

ME/CFS Comic Series

Haha....I believe your judgement. But I can't help be musing: A male doctor without female organs nor female hormones knows how women feel about their body. He must be a genius of some sort:cool:
  5. jjxx

ME/CFS Comic Series

Or dear, what can I say....? I wish you good LUCK:cool:
  6. jjxx

Is your worst fatigue in the morning too?

Exactly same as me!
  7. jjxx

My Recovery From CFS (2): A Tree and Future Medicine

Yes, Newton saw an apple and I saw a tree. Now you know I am not Newton. How a tree in my backyard inspired me to think the direction of future medicine: Individualized Medicine Based on Our Unique Genetics or simply called Nutrigenomic Medicine, that truly digs into the root cause of our...
  8. jjxx

ME/CFS Comic Series

Thank you for your brilliant work! My experience is simple: A sick doctor makes a good doctor. Just like that if you are a woman with issues of PMS/PMDD, peri- or menopause, you go see a woman doctor not a man doctor.
  9. jjxx

Yes they are coming.... I promise you not taking another 7 years.:p
  10. jjxx

I learned biohacking on Thanksgiving night of 2016 when discovering this forum after decades of battle with CFS. I was not able to pull myself out of bed without prescribed stimulant at the time. I was able to ditch the drug immediately after feeding/supplementing myself with nutrients that I...
  11. jjxx

Worse or better after menopause?

Good to see you and hope all well with you! I am back finally with my own recovery story after full-time biohacking of 7 years.
  12. jjxx

Worse or better after menopause?

Perimenopause and menopause made it worse in my case, with new symptoms arising and some old ones worsening, simply because more nutrients are depleted then needed with age, during the period of hormonal change regardless of pre-menstruation, perimenopause or menopause, as well as during...
  13. jjxx

Negative reaction to glutathione?

I have tried the "clean" chlorella you take but discovered a better and truly clean chlorella without contaminants made by Nature's Way. I buy it exclusively from PureFormulas nowadays not from any other online vendors because they are the only honest one that I find faithfully following...
  14. jjxx

Niagen and methylation?

I recently came into a paper on NCBI that testing Sulbutiamine in 400mg and 600mg per day. If you are interested in this paper, I will search for you. It's just not at my fingertips. Another clue is from this brand https://doublewoodsupplements.com/products/sulbutiamine
  15. jjxx

Thanks for your prompt reply and I shall give a try. I can't agree with you more on liver/gallbladder issue, and their role playing in chronic and complex illness. After self-researching and self-experimenting in the last three years, it came down to me that the foundation of a good health is...
  16. jjxx

Do you buy it from them https://chlorella.naturalnews.com/chlorella.html
  17. jjxx

T3 intracellular calcium and caffeine

Thank you for your prompt response and I will certainly visit your blog.
  18. jjxx

T3 intracellular calcium and caffeine

Could you let us know what test this is?
  19. jjxx

Interpreting NutrEval test?

You added one more interesting paper for me to read, and a lot of thanks too. If our body makes those compounds, they are all equally important. It's a matter of which is more important to each individual due to our varied genetics and epigenetics. Keep in mind that, no theory is perfect at...
  20. jjxx

@caledonia Another question to ask is that is ALA deficiency an indicator of body's burden with metals? and in your case, were you ever shown deficient on your NutreVal test?
  21. jjxx

@caledonia First of all, my son and I really appreciate your taking time of writing us such an informative post. I will certainly study your signature links. He doesn't have any mercury fillings but I agree with you on many other potential exposures. I have been templating on the root cause of...
  22. jjxx

@robinhood12345 thanks for your input. You are right that we make everything from the essential nutrients; and during the many processes, each individual demonstrates his own deficiency or insufficiency depending on genetics and epigenetics.
  23. jjxx

This is my 16 years old son's recent NutrEval test result, and the very first one of the family. I have been suffering CFS since I was 12 years old, and naturally I am very concerned about my child. So far, he is a reasonably healthy and normal teenager except suffering persistent acne, and has...
  24. jjxx

Methionine Synthase

Be aware that low zinc can coexist with low copper.
  25. jjxx

Methionine Synthase

Most doctors are convinced that copper overload is more common than copper deficiency in their practice, which I have no reason to doubt. Based on my understanding, copper deficiency is not and must not be diagnosed by a single blood or urine copper content test alone, but together with other...
  26. jjxx

Life after SIBO and Changed Neurotransmitter profiles on OAT retests

I suspect I am having the exact issues. I experienced a miraculous recovery after self-tested low in a couple of essential nutrients while without being aware of months' long probiotics supplement laid the foundation until my yeast overgrowth crept back, and half of what I have gained is lost...
  27. jjxx

Sulfite/sulfate ratio and overcoming the problem

Brilliant! Thank you so much for putting it all together! I have a question: do you monitor your sons liver enzymes since the Niacin dosage involved is high?
  28. jjxx

crazy potassium story

You are talking about Gamma E, but the patent states Delta E. They are different tocotrienols, I am confusing now.
  29. jjxx

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

A lot of thanks....
  30. jjxx

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

I don't know other people, but I would take whatever strains that make me feel good in the meanwhile watch for potential depletion of other strains. By trial and fail, I realized that probiotics have laid a crucial foundation for my recovery and foolishly replacing it with larch extract has...