• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Low Sulfur Diet, protein intake

Caledonia, Is the best starting point getting a NutrEval test done to see where I am for certain biomarkers and metal levels? From my research I know I want to check for homocysteine, glutathione, ammonia, sulfur, and heavy metals. I just got sulfate strips in the mail, so Im about to go pick...
  2. F

Do you mind showing me the studies/showing me where I can search for literature involving the methylation cycle? Hopefully it isn't so technical that it flies over my head as I'm just starting out (and have only taken college level chemistry), but I do want to look at the science behind this...
  3. F

Interesting. So why do you say the upregulation of CBS doesn't increase sulfate levels? Because from her science it says that the upregulation of CBS leads to a push of homocysteine down the transsulfuration pathway leading to excess ammonia and sulfate. So where is she wrong? Also Caledonia...
  4. F

@Valentijn Here's a blog where a guy successfully treated his inflammation problems with a low sulfur diet, http://anti-itisdiet.blogspot.com/2011/11/low-sulphur-experiment-is-successful.html. He has a very methodical in his approach, and while he never had genetic testing done, it shows there...
  5. F

So I just got my 23andme results back and it came back with homozygous MTHFR c677t mutation as well as CBS c699t heterzygous mutation. According to Dr. Yasko I should treat the CBS mutation first before dealing with the MTHFR. I'm going to doctor on Monday to have an UAA done so I can measure...