• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Xisca

what’s the rundown on high dose thiamine?

First what is PEM please? I don't know if more, or more time, or if something else is missing, that's all possible. After 6 months I am still trying variations. My sign of too much thiamine is being too awake and having to work physically and accelerate my breath to use oxygen and energy. Too...
  2. Xisca

Copper high in blood or in hair test? I am sorry it was like this for you, maybe he got more careful with time? I don't know when it happened to you... I can assure you some people had no results on other forms of thiamine, but I would not use thiamax unless failing with another form! I find...
  3. Xisca

Then check copper, lowered by Mo. Mo is needed when having sulfur issues, like food intolerance. It is more needed with TTFD, not sure with benfothiamine.
  4. Xisca

Interesting, I had not come across this! I think copper is also involved, and Mn is often taken with Cu indeed. B1 can use copper which is not good to have low, and needs to be taken also when taking zinc, it's antagonist in absorption. Anyway yes thiamine is stored, about 40mg though, and is...
  5. Xisca

To be fair to EO Nutrition, he does say to be sure to have good GLUTATHIONE status and enough methylation to take TTFD. And yes, all thiamine can cross the BBB in some cases, if you have the right transporter. I have issues with the other transporter, so I need a lot of thiamine too, but I have...
  6. Xisca

Could you have been deficient before? As you reacted immediately. I am low in P in my HTMA and taking much higher dose of B1 than you do. I am interested to know in what form comes the best P supp if I need to take some? From food it comes from meat. Not sure if well known that aside the...
  7. Xisca

....and they are pretty right if we talk about subclinical deficiency. Actually livestock are touched, fish like salmon (very new, article from 2020), also involved in bee's collapse. Then wild moose tested deficient... It comes from what blocks microbes synthesis, lack of ruminant manure...
  8. Xisca

Anyone improve by daily dose of coconut oil?

That is just so different! omega 3 and 6 on one side, and the lauric acids on the other side,,, thus saturated fats for the coconut! I believe we need all, in the proportions we find in mother's milk, probably...
  9. Xisca

should I do these tests: Elit-Gen-F and organix, or others?

As those tests are very expensive, and as they do not even tell me how I will be treated after getting the results, I wander to what point it will satisfy ...only my curiosity, or will help for treatment. I am in Spain but there is a lab working with Genova (American) and they propose this...
  10. Xisca

Diatomaceous earth - who has used it, and with what results?

I take this! Well I started 2 weeks ago or so... I take it for endotoxins. I think I have a flatter belly and feel overall better, but I have taken many new things at the same time or nearly. But digestion is better. I take it first thing in the morning. I am not constipated, never, but think...
  11. Xisca

Anyone improve by daily dose of coconut oil?

Nothing specific for pain, but if a good fat, better than nothing! It is not inflamatory as omega 6 can be, and gives energy, it regulates my sugar intake and so my glycemia. I use a desodorized one, as I am fed up with the taste now, and also I think I digest it better. I always have some with...
  12. Xisca

ME caused by squeezed nerve?

I discovered this dentist thanks to your forum, and I might fit into the cases that this jaw correction could help… I have an idea why he can think he has results for all people with CFS, or a lot, and why he could think that there is no fatigue but a jaw problem as a root cause: if I am...
  13. Xisca

ME caused by squeezed nerve?

Thanks, I have called a cranio-sacral therapist today, and he told me that YES he Works on this type of problem, and has already worked with dentists! I do not know any more and will see him next week...