• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

New video: Is acetylcholine toxicity the cause of CFS?

Thanks for the feedback! I see I need to link POTS and acetylcholine - I'll keep working on this. The vagus nerve uses acetylcholine as a neurotransmitter to signal our whole body to perform functions. If we don't have the right amount of acetylcholine or if our receptors are damaged, the...
  2. L

New video: Is acetylcholine toxicity the cause of CFS?

Not sure if anyone is still watching this thread but in case you may be: I've been looking at the angle of what does organophosphate poisoning, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, POTS-low blood pressure, the vagal nerve, and multiple chemical sensitivities all have in common? I've found the answer so far...
  3. L

Is there any way I can be treated with rituximab privately?

I think you'd have to look at geriatric pharmacology to get the idea of the ME possible response. (It is unfortunate that Naviaux (sp?) used the metaphor of dauer to describe his recent study - the metabolomics discovered seem to have much more in common with geriatric studies...
  4. L

Guardian: Migraines could be caused by gut bacteria, study suggests

I've noticed that "anti-histamine" diets rarely mention refined cane sugar. My feeling, after looking at a lot of studies and hearing many lectures, is that the human body has a hard time processing anything synthetic, to a greater or less degree for every individual and even for different...
  5. L

Eds/pots and progesterone

There's the simple POTS test which is rise with the blood pressure cuff attached. Then there's the 5 minute supine 10 minute standing with finger attached to heart monitor...not all cardiologists know how to do the latter test.
  6. L

The only antihistamines that work for me is Benadryl and Reactine. I will research PubMed to see if Benadryl or Reactine have found to be effective for histamines released by stress.
  7. L

The 2016 IACFS/ME International Conference--Review by Cort Johnson-Part 1

I enjoyed the conference immensely. I did not understand the push to invite Big Pharma to the table as from what I understand all our subgroups have a hard time handling the toxic load of drugs. Our bodies make drugs and every drug has an amino acid precursor(s). I didn't understand why the...
  8. L

They left out how the are produced in these cases -histamines which are a problem for people intolerant of histamines. I recently figured this out after listening to lectures at the IACFSME conference and I took an antihistamine instead of a migraine pill and aborted the migraine. Chemical...
  9. L

Eds/pots and progesterone

Yes, hormonal changes can (will?) affect POTS. Teenagers with all their wonderful raging hormones will have problems. Some practical advice in this lecture by Dr. Jeffery Boris.
  10. L

Energy drink

Natural Gatorade: 1 organic lemon, 2 organic orange, wash, squeeze and add to shaker bottle. Add 2 cups water, 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt, 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup. Shake. Can cut up peels and add. You may be caffeine sensitive. I only drink it when need help digesting a meal -...