• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Fatigue, shortness of breath, etc.

What if I find as clues in my tests for my condition are the following things: - High levels of BCAA (Valine and Leucine) - this can cause mental issues as Tryptophan and Tyrosine entry in the brain may be limited. Also these cause Insulin resistance. - High Ornithine and low Arginine - this may...
  2. S

I am not drinking any coffee or coke for like 3-4 years already :( But your experience also confirms that some hormones (not sure which - dopamine, adrenaline, cortisol, .. ) are increasing urination. I am also experiencing those sudden losses of energy when attack strikes. If anything, in my...
  3. S

Hi All, It took me some time to find a way to do some more tests and here are the results (attached). From what I see cortisol is very low. Also did 24h urine cortisol and it showed 27ug/24h (4.3-176) which I guess also confirms it. Amino acid profile shows very low Arginine and Citrulline and...
  4. S

Thanks Wishful, Food is what I pay most attention to. Relatives say I am obsessed that food can have negative effects on how I feel. I have tried vegan, no diary, no simple carbs, low potassium, more salty food, less processed food, more fat.. There are periods that I get a bit more energy...
  5. S

To add that feeling of fatigue is very notable in the legs and limbs. Very often calfs are slightly painful. Pain in the legs comes from short time of cycling and it all does not feel like lactic acid.. Legs are so weak that they can start shaking from like 15 sec if I bend over to tie my...
  6. S

Hi all, Its been like 5 years of fatigue and its getting worse... There is nothing on blood tests and doctors have no idea too. Endocrinologist confirmed CFS and proposed that I try synthetic AVP hormone which I refuse to do. Fatigue and breathing problems are ruining my life... Some background...
  7. S

Methylathion advice needed

I know this is old post. Have you tested cortisol and thyroid? You might not be digesting well due to low blood sugar (from low cortisol) or some nutrient deficiencies. Your digestion problems look like low stomach acid problems. And that could be your main problem as you are not digesting most...
  8. S

Fatigue - where to start?

Thank you, @Eastman ! I have ordered HydroxoB12. Isn't it a good choice? Should I also order adenosyl? I see almost all Adeno I can buy products contain folic acid. Not sure if that is good. What dosages should I start with and from what? I am now using magnesium malate and it helps a great...
  9. S

Acetylcholine intolerance

RH is not as bad recent days. Maybe Magnesium and bananas doing some good things or just make me not feel it as bad. Putting it all together it looks like very low dopamine issue. D is protecting from NMDA excitation and I feel much better with things like sex or alcohol (which makes my liver...
  10. S

Hi @skwag , I had insulin spikes bringing my blood glucose low. I had to eat low carb for quite a time to get better at that. Since starting Magnesium it got even better. I don't get the terrible glycemia crushes. I am pretty sure it was due to NMDA excitation. I measured bottom range...
  11. S

Hello, I think I have a problem with cholinesterase. I can't tolerate any choline foods or nightshades. Since I used Jarrow B-right and Panthetine my palms feel numb and like electricity is flowing through the nerves. Lower legs are trembling and tense. Heavy fatigue. Brain fog. Wehn it gets...
  12. S

I did B12 lab yesterday and it is 372 from 466 in May (range 246-911). Tested Magnesium in blood and it is at the bare minimum. Other electrolytes are also lower than before. Some approaching the minimum, like sodium. I am quite sure that Vitamin C is also very low from years of bad diet and...
  13. S

@Bansaw Hello, Could you share how to start on Hydrox B12 and how to carry on with it? Doesn't it require the addition of folate at some point? What about B2? I tested B12 in the spring and it was at 466, although I have been on atiacids last 15 years. My main symptoms now, besides fatigue...
  14. S

@Woolie let's just call it an Eastern European country ;) @taniaaust1 Hello and thank you for the comprehensive answer! It is indeed insulin issue and I am working on it. Depression is there too and it is quite bad. I am reading and experimenting a lot and trying to make sense of what is...
  15. S

@Woolie I have not explained it all as my posts would have been too long. I lost my job in January. I was so tired that I had to get back home and go to bed every afternoon. I have been unemployed since than. And I am not able to go back to work. Unable to even go work in the back yeard for an...
  16. S

I have been to numerous doctors past 15 years. Antidepressants is all I get from them. I am suspecting the following is happening: - I am stressed as I don't feel well and can't get on with my life - blood glucose drops, tired, wired. - Suboptimal adrenal function due to stress, poor nutrition...
  17. S

Hello, I need some help to try to fight pretty bad fatigue. Dono where to start as what I try fails. I have been experiencing anxiety for like 15 years. Last winter I crashed badly after being fired from work, over-trained, abused alcohol, used benzos, used stomach acid-lowering meds, used...