• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. LINE

Vit. D causing allergies to flareup

This is a good link for methionine https://www.secondopinionphysician.com/treat-elevated-histamine/
  2. LINE

My suspicion is liver congestion - there are a number of different things that can be done. You could look into taurine or methionine or possibly NAC but considering that NAC is a precursor to glutathione maybe that could be a problem in your situation. Methionine is very involved in immunity...
  3. LINE

Thank you for the comments @linusbert My opinion >> MCAS is related to broken methylation cycles and/or liver congestion. IMO, these 2 are closely associated and influence one another. Detoxification strategies got me over the barriers.
  4. LINE

@linusbert I do not believe they sell it as sodium ascorbate, people have posted how to make it using sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). BTW, baking soda has been a great therapy for me (not necessarily as sodium ascorbate). It neutralizes acids due to its high alkalinity. I would agree that...
  5. LINE

Most Vit C is produced in China and have additives that can create immune reactions. This happened to me on several occasions. I switched to QualiC which is a pharmaceutical grade C - it could still cause problems for some but it has been good for me.
  6. LINE

If I remember correctly, PTH and magnesium are linked. Update > found this: Magnesium plays a role in stimulus-secretion coupling in the parathyroids1. A mild decrease in serum magnesium levels stimulates the reabsorptive activity PTH has on the kidneys1. Severe hypomagnesemia inhibits PTH...
  7. LINE

>>Magnesium is a critical mineral as you know. Keep in mind that people respond differently with different forms of magnesium. Those forms are many such as glycinate, lysinate, malate, taurate etc. UltraMag is a good product since it is a blend of different forms that seem to be bioavailable...
  8. LINE

How to deal with crashing after doing lightning process, Mickel therapy etc?

Similar to this: Keeps me relaxed, perhaps it relaxes the cardio system
  9. LINE

@Mary Thanks for the explanation. I sort of ask since I have an elevation pillow in bed and find that quite helpful.
  10. LINE

I read the post on the Pose - would it be simple enough to say this is about leg elevation? Or is that too simplistic?
  11. LINE

Managing the balance between the parasympathetic and the sympathetic nervous systems going into overdrive

Again, everyone responds somewhat differently to substances. B vitamins seem to fit into this class. Vitamin C has always been helpful - I use a pharma grade (QualiC) which is competitively priced.
  12. LINE

Managing the balance between the parasympathetic and the sympathetic nervous systems going into overdrive

What works for me: 1/ Magnesium -but this is difficult since there are many forms, some work better than others. 2/ Calcium - calcium is typically antagonistic to magnesium but can be lost under sympathetic stress. 3/ Copper - another involved in sympathetic stress. 4/ GABA but only under the...
  13. LINE

Nutrients play a key role in modulating several systems such as neurological, immune etc.
  14. LINE

Are you doing any supplement to calm the nervous/endocrine system?
  15. LINE

#2 I think we have to find our safe spaces and cannot expose ourselves to high stress environments. We have to know ourselves and what our boundaries are. We are not like the "normal" people and that is ok. Self talk. Knowing limitations Good community I like some Solfeggio or Binaural...
  16. LINE

That part they have right (about the HPA). The HPA axis simply means there is a network of endocrine systems that fire up when encountering stress. That stress could be psychological, and we all know that ME people have loads of that :) Doctors, jobs, money, social networks, self-blame etc...
  17. LINE

@Cfs2019 Thanks for clarifying, I was just confused why they were focusing on psychology and not the biochemical aspect of the psychology. (Hope I don't sound snarky). Research clearly points to the biochemical aspect of the disease - many systems are pushed including the endocrine system...
  18. LINE

Perhaps you can clarify the basis of these treatments. The way I understand this is that these are treatments designed to find a psychological cause of ME?
  19. LINE

40Hz sensory gamma rhythm treatment

@sunshine44 Great report, thanks for sharing!
  20. LINE

40Hz sensory gamma rhythm treatment

Good post. Whether this is appropriate to post here, I have used both Binaural and Solfeggio frequencies with good success. The key is to find the right sound signature as this seems to be individualistic. Headphones are a must and can find these on YouTube. I found in the past that these...
  21. LINE

@cristi_b https://nyaspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1749-6632.2009.04637.x I think if they could test the active form of Vitamin D, this would solve the question, I think that is 1 25(OH)2D This article may be helpful...
  22. LINE

This is the same as myself and I think I cracked the code - whether that is the same for you I do not know. There are 2 forms of Vitamin D (the serum form which is the common test) and the active form which is measured in immune cells, this test is generally not measured but may be more...
  23. LINE

Negative reaction to glutathione?

@jjxx I like Nature's Way - I will have to look at that product. Good to know.
  24. LINE

The Corrupt History of Medicine | John D. Rockefeller

I also find it disturbing that we are being poisoned with environmental chemicals that are known to disrupt DNA, yet we hear nothing from the media about it.
  25. LINE

B-Vitamins Saving My Butt (what to do?)

Some general notes: When I read tachycardia, I immediately think of magnesium. Magnesium is a critical mineral that is involved in hundreds of enzymatic reactions. Keep in mind that magnesium comes in many forms, and it is often a guessing game which form may be good. UltraMag is a blend that...
  26. LINE

Hawthorn berries helping a LOT with sleep

Aronia may help (my mother did well with it for pain) Elderberry helped (elderberry syrup) had a very calming effect on me. GABA sublingual is my go-to for sleep.
  27. LINE

Microbiome - Butyrate - Inflammation

I am trying to keep posting in regard to my trials and errors. Hopefully, someone can gain some help. 1/ I am trying a new form of tributyrin (this is Tesseract) this brand claims to have a superior delivery system. There are some other products that look interesting due to their delivery...
  28. LINE

Microbiome - Butyrate - Inflammation

I read some great material from this researcher which included a different perspective than normal microbiome thoughts. One of those ideas that she reported on is a metabolic pathway called PPAR which has several far reaching influences on metabolism. One version of PPAR influences the gut. She...