• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. IThinkImTurningJapanese

My raging beast of a stomach - relatively rare?

Stomach problems are quite common, check out this thread. Miyarisan
  2. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Clonazepam (Klonopin) stops my symptoms almost completely

Clonazepam withdrawal symptoms can include: Headaches Stomach pain Nausea Tremors Sweating Hallucinations Dizziness Fatigue Confusion Anxiety Depression Seizures Thoughts of suicide
  3. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Has anti-aging medicine helped you with me,/cfs symptoms?

Absolutely. I intermittent fast every day, I sunbathe every day possible, and I take NNM daily. I also exercise, but that will require getting much better for those we're discussing.
  4. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Carnivore Diet recovery success stories on YouTube

As a gardener, I can tell you that you have that so right. The herbivores that they are are trying to discourage are primarily insects. Yet, they produce substances that can cause us untold problems. Several members can relate to the issue with oxalates. But we have evolved over millennia to...
  5. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Further scientific research on LDN

I know very little about LDN, and have no experience with it. I kind of equate it with what I do know about Klonopin. I was helped by small doses of Klonopin, but when I was cut off from access it was a nightmare. If I didn't have the meds I'm taking, I would try LDN from what I've heard about...
  6. IThinkImTurningJapanese

What does Stevia actually do?

Proper chocolate is so good for your health, looking at you Hershey :cautious: . It's also one of the few sweets I eat, yet I buy my kids sweet chocolate and eat the darkest with the least sugar for myself. For Birthdays I will cook and eat Brownies, Cheesecake, Apple Cobbler, etc. That's so...
  7. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Well, thanks to you, I now know more than I ever thought I wanted to know about Stevia. I just hate it because of how sweet it is. I enjoy that I've shifted my tastes away from sweets.
  8. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Stevia is crazy fucking sweet. I hate it in the products that I use. In that case it's definitely preferable, but getting off sugar is not as difficult as it seems. When you do, many foods taste so much sweeter than before. If you're not a child, eating sugar is inadvisable. I do feed my...
  9. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Nicotinamide riboside (NR), a form of vitamin B3, may increase risk of breast and brain cancer, study suggests

He advocates intermittent fasting and exercise for longevity, both of which cost nothing. It seems a bit rude to suggest that he is only in this for the money. What pro-cancer effects? Being young?
  10. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Has anyone tried to train dogs to detect me/cfs?

I can't imagine how they would detect ME/CFS, but I can tell you that they can definitely detect severe POTS. I have experienced my dogs becoming quite concerned for my condition. It's primal, they know that I'm quite vulnerable.
  11. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Nicotinamide riboside (NR), a form of vitamin B3, may increase risk of breast and brain cancer, study suggests

I can't remember the reason why, but that doesn't raise NAD+ levels. @Learner1 could tell you why if she's around.
  12. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Both of the main threads on NR and NMN cover that. Or you could go straight to one of the most knowledgeable on the subject.
  13. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Covid infection

I vehemently deny having ever resorted to such a technique. :D But I would so desperately love to have long beautiful blond curls.
  14. IThinkImTurningJapanese

You're fairly active on Longecity, they've already debunked such fears many times over. Any Potential DOWNSIDE Of Taking NMN?
  15. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Covid infection

Yeah, I was well aware that Amanitas were dangerous but this one was new to me. I'm growing mushrooms on hardwood I inoculated, but I would still like to harvest wild. But I will listen to those who know what they're doing. Gotta find more morels. :D
  16. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Covid infection

Scutellaria Baicalensis, Berberine, and Licorice extract are my regular meds. Dumb luck. A funny story, during my forest bathing I noticed a crop of mushrooms, but I don't know if they're safe. The next day someone had harvested them. Apparently someone knew they were safe, then I found another...
  17. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Covid infection

Permanently is defined as "always and for ever" One of the first things necessary for honest debate is that we agree upon what words mean. Otherwise, how can we know what someone else is actually saying? Edit: And when you posit that there can be a, "permanent worsening of ME/CFS", you're not...
  18. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Covid infection

I also caught Covid in the spring of 2020, and experienced long covid symptoms. Every time they subsided, I caught a new variant. Everyone in my family has recovered very well and quickly from Covid, but it for some strange reason, just keeps lingering on with mild symptoms. My wife has a...
  19. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Covid infection

Covid is only two years old for most. Permanently worse is an exaggeration. I've experienced Long Covid after remission from ME/CFS. I trust what Bruce Patterson has said about Long Haul, it subsides in about six months. ME/CFS has no such intentions.
  20. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Are there any ideas for natural treatment of tethered cord and cci?

Thank you for this, I really need some help for my lungs after Omicron BA.4/BA.5 infection. I've gotten way behind on Natto consumption. This variant hit me harder than the original Covid.
  21. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Do you have some sign of Insulin Resistance? (Yes if one sign or more)

I've been practicing intermittent fasting which has lead to really healthy insulin sensitivity. It's also great for energy when I have day of activity, my liver readily engages in gluconeogenesis and prevents me from having blood sugar crashes or even hunger. My triglycerides recently tested at...
  22. IThinkImTurningJapanese

@Hip If I remember correctly, you had been trying to make your own LLLT unit, since they were quite expensive. The one I linked to is Made in China, but it seems to be much the same quality as my iPhone, also Made in China. I use it anytime my neck starts hurting and my son, who's a...
  23. IThinkImTurningJapanese

All I could tell you is that I’ve always had pain at the right-side top of my spine where it meets my skull. LLLT alleviates this pain when used regularly. @Hip knows a bit more than I about this, it was his recommendation that got me here.
  24. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Early stages of covid - what to do?

There was a post on Reddit were someone was commenting on a Japanese Green Tea organization as fomenting snake oil sales with their encouragement to use green tea. Green tea is rich with catechins.
  25. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Early stages of covid - what to do?

I used this for my Wife. Scutellaria baicalensis extract and baicalein inhibit replication of SARS-CoV-2 and its 3C-like protease in vitro She got well quickly, and I got the Omicron variant even though I had the initial Covid virus. I've had three varieties now. I hate this virus almost as...
  26. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Remission - finally something to tell you <3

That's what's happening for me, and I want others to find some sort of relief. I spent three decades unable to stand up without rushing to some lying position.
  27. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Can anyone have regular good sleep without a medication to help?

PQQ and Ubiquinol help with both sleep and energy. Berberine seems to increase rest during the night, I can't take it in the day. As others have mentioned, CBD is helpful for resting more fully.