• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Chakra5

Alcohol Tolerance Poll

I am able to tolerate drinking to varying degrees. I have a couple of interesting reactions to alcohol though. First, my "buzz" so to speak, is all over the place. Some times I'm pretty drunk after the first glass, and other times a whole bottle of wine will not seem to have much effect at...
  2. Chakra5

Is brain fog more than mental dysfunction?

Wow this popped a big lightbulb for me. J's drops have been a major help for me as I deal with recurrent sinus infections and the associated symptoms. I recall that it contains Methylene Blue...there's lots to say on it and no time to say it but found it most interesting that it helped your...
  3. Chakra5

Vibrations and JUMPING feet waking me up

Hey sleepy237 I've found two things that have helped with RLS for me. First, staying hydrated makes all the difference. YMMV but it's night and day for me. Some times I fail to stay hydrated for whatever reason and then I have a wonderful liniment prescribed by my doctor that really helps...
  4. Chakra5

New article in CBC - Exercise Helps!!

It is so dis-hearting. This. is the worst kind of "good" news because it plays so well to the disconnect with reality we struggle against so often and in so many ways. It really offers little that is new (although some might actually learn a little from it, so who knows), and it pushes the us...
  5. Chakra5

Help!--advice & support for chronic infection

Hey Dreambirdie If it's what I had earlier this year, then no magic bullet I'm afraid :-( I had the flu earlier this year and symptoms wise it seemed indistinguishable form a cold. If that is also the case for you, I don't know that there is anything to do to break out of it. Only things...
  6. Chakra5

I do better in the cold!

My 2 cents is that mold, air quality and weather in general all seem to be core attributes for me. Mold is greatly reduced in the cold and perhaps mold is involved with some of folks symptomology. I have a very serious mold exposure leading to my latest flare-up (to put that event mildly) about...
  7. Chakra5

Article: 2011: A Look at the Year Ahead For ME/CFS

Hey Cort Yes, the fifth chakra is the throat chakra associated with expression/communication among other things. I have a big mouth...so it just follows from there ;-) I also use it in my web business as the web is a wonderful medium for personal expression
  8. Chakra5

Article: 2011: A Look at the Year Ahead For ME/CFS

This was so very heartening. Thanks for this great summery Cort!
  9. Chakra5

What Is Faith?

With all due respect friend, and at the risk of over-stepping my limited status here... Please consider how controlling your last statement to be. Polite as it is, which is indeed appreciated as far as that goes, you are attempting to set a requirement to discussion that no one can communicate...
  10. Chakra5

Cold Hands and Feet

I cycle through having cold hands/feet, and being ok. But I have found for me that keeping my fluid intake up in order to stay hydrated and taking EmergenC daily pretty much eliminates my issues with cold AND more importantly relieves/eliminates my restless leg syndrome symptoms. It stands to...