• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Twitter campain - #MEperspective - please take part

Great idea, and I love your view with all the details! I don't have twitter but I could send you a picture of my view if you want to tweet it. I like that it's related to the shoes in millions missing, the bare feets in the bed! And it could be a picture with just a small fragment of...
  2. L

ME is not mould intolerance; mould intolerance is not ME

I totally agree and I'm very disappointed because it's not at all the book I got the impression of when I read interviews with J Rehmeyer or read reviews. I keep asking myself, "did we read the same book?" It's not a book that explains ME/CFS in a scientific way. It's not about ME/CFS or about...
  3. L

Did you have any problem with aerobic exercise before becoming ill? Like childhood?

When I was diagnosed some yrs ago the doctor came to the conclusion I've had ME since childhood just because of problems with exercise or sports, and I remember it as yesterday that I wasn't able to walk so much without getting really exhausted. That was a year before I began school. And it has...
  4. L

Buzzfeed: 19 Facts About The Disease That Makes You Tired All The Time

From the article: "There’s another theory that CFS is caused by central sensitization, Fleming says, which basically means someone is hypersensitive to stimuli like noise, light, heat, cold, or electricity. So their brain sends abnormal pain signals to the central nervous system from normal...