• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Methylation and neurotransmitters

I quess trying each supplement for few weeks doesnt do much harm? Its hard with these methylation supps because first time i tried methylb12, methylfolate and adeb12 i got huge detox reactions and i still get them when i take those supps so i quess i have to just push through. Ive read that i...
  2. B

I cant get my hands on SAMe at this time because it needs prescription here but how about l-methionine? This study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC543840/ says that its more effective raising brain SAMe than SAMe itself? Should work the same right? But ive also found studies that...
  3. B

Yep i understand it now. But why theres is this completely differenta approach that dr Walsh says, that uses methionine etc. And says to avoid folates? This b12 + methylfolate makes sense to me but why these both protocols use the same name undermethylator and how do they differ?
  4. B

I want to understand how are neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine really made and how much does methylation effect them. Im clearly very low on both dopamine and serotonin. I recently started methylation protocol and havent noticed anything major yet. So can someone enlighten me: How...
  5. B

Help me understand

I cant afford 300 dollar tests sorry.. Is there any physical signs i can follow? Should i up the doses slowly over few weeks? Ive been off those supps for 5 days now and my head is still a bit wired and feeling it. First days i could feel the massive detox, hard mental symptoms , big time flu...
  6. B

Help me understand

Okey. How do you know if "you have been starved" for methyl groups? I took 5 mg methyl b12. 800 mcg methylfolate and 1 mg adeno b12 and got immediately flu for 6 days. I was also more depressed than usual that time. Its now 7. day im feeling better but my brain is very wired. My energy levels...
  7. B

Help me understand

What is the difference between histadelia undermethylation (high brain histamine, very common with mental illnesses like depression) and CFSs undermethylation. Both are "undermethylators" right? But the treatment is so different. Histadelia is treated mostly with l-methionine and calcium and...
  8. B

Active B12 Protocol Basics

Just few questions. Im pretty newbie to this stuff, ive been suffering for low energy, fatique, painful stomach bloating and depression for about 8 months. Ive tried pretty much everything, and now decided to try this methylation protocol stuff. Ive been using methyl b12 5000 mcg, methylfolate...