• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. wondrous

What is behind these symptoms?

Turns out that bottled water, along with rain hitting my head, will illicit the same reaction. You'd think the easiest explanation would be chemicals and contaminants in the tap water, but then how do you explain bottled water and rain causing the same response? Thanks for your contribution!
  2. wondrous

What is behind these symptoms?

Hi Everyone, I posted to this forum in 2018 in an effort to troubleshoot the mechanism behind these strange symptoms I have, but even after all this time, I still have yet to find the mechanism behind them. My goal is to at least mitigate these symptoms, but I need to know the mechanism behind...
  3. wondrous

Why do I feel sick after water exposure?

Quick update! I'm still experiencing this unusual reaction after showering or shaving with an electric razor, but I have a new clue. The following day after taking a shower (head exposed to water) or shaving my face with an electric razor, I find my sinuses become clogged. It becomes extremely...
  4. wondrous

Could my sinuses be blocked?

Appreciate your take on the situation, @Judee! It's definitely plausible, except I am able to trigger the symptoms alone, in their worst manner, by simply an electric razor -- no water involved.
  5. wondrous

Could my sinuses be blocked?

Hey everyone, It's been a while since I've posted, but I have new information on a very mysterious condition I've been trying to figure out for years. First, let me say that it is the people on this forum that have helped me play detective and further put the pieces of the puzzle together...
  6. wondrous

Does this look like mold? [picture]

Not sure! Yeah, I'm finding contradicting information about mold being about to grow on metal. Some say yes, because it's a hardy life form, but then others say no because metal is an inorganic material.
  7. wondrous

Does this look like mold? [picture]

Hey everyone! What do you make of these white circular blotches? This is the floor of my Jeep with the carpet removed.
  8. wondrous

Waking up with fight or flight response -- excess sulfur?

You have me thinking now, @antherder. While I don't suspect I have Wilson's Disease, excessive copper may be something to consider with me, as I've been eating a lot of mushrooms and avocados lately. This could explain the metallic taste I've had in my mouth as of late. I was looking at Andy...
  9. wondrous

Thanks @aaron_c! I really appreciate that information and all of your input on this subject matter.
  10. wondrous

Hey @Valentijn, thanks for your input! You know, that whole CBS thing is so confusing. I hear some people saying it's helped them, and then other people say it's complete hogwash. I would imagine, that as a doctor/researcher, Dr. Yasko has conducted research supporting her claims about the CBS...
  11. wondrous

Hey @antherder, thanks for the input! I've heard of Wilson's Disease but what you've told me is as much as I've ever learned about it. I would definitely consider Wilson's Disease, but my symptoms could definitely be passed off for the Lyme I have as well. How would you recommend testing for...
  12. wondrous

Thanks, @aaron_c! I really appreciate your help with all of this. You've been so helpful and insightful. :thumbsup: One last thing: Can you recommend a good lab to get a hair analysis for copper? How about a good molybdenum supplement?
  13. wondrous

Yes, mushrooms, zucchini, and avocados. I'd love to have almonds and sunflower seeds, but I have negative reactions to them. I'm also thinking about taking a thorne multivitamin that has copper in it, but it also has b vitamins that may affect MTHFR, which I don't want to go after just yet...
  14. wondrous

I suspect that I am copper deficient because of my reaction to the molybdenum on a diet that appears to be low in copper. I'm on low sulfur (for obvious reasons) and low sugar for candida overgrowth -- this really limited my options in obtaining adequate amounts of copper from food.
  15. wondrous

Hey @aaron_c, what amount of molybdenum would you recommend for starting to remove excess sulfur and what brand? I did have a couple blood tests done that showed serum levels of copper were just under the reference range. This combined with the weird parkinson's-like symptoms I had one morning...
  16. wondrous

Hey @Research 1st, thank you for your input! I would love to test for sulfur, but I have no idea how to go about doing that. I did those sulfate test strips, but trying to decipher sulfate levels with the monochromatic color chart provided was damn near impossible. Any alternatives for a clear...
  17. wondrous

Hey @aaron_c, thank you so much for your response and corroborating my hypothesis. I would love to incorporate some more "high thiol/sulfur" foods in my diet -- I know I could use the nutrition -- but because of the morning fight or flight response I've been having, I've been doing "low...
  18. wondrous

Can vitamin C cause fight or flight response?

@*GG* I know, that would be the best way to determine if the vitamin c was truly the issue. Unfortunately, I have to play lab rat and be the one to potentially experience the reaction again. We'll see once I'm feeling a little more up to it!
  19. wondrous

@Mary Somehow I still feel that excess sulfur is an issue for me and can definitely explain a lot of my symptoms. I just purchased a multivitamin from Thorne too. I probably should have checked to see if the vitamin c in there is corn derived. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, so...
  20. wondrous

How do you detox the brain?

@Cheesus That's a very good point! I ended up purchasing a trampoline as of late to start assisting with lymphatic drainage, but I'm also looking into lymph draining massages.
  21. wondrous

Thanks, @junkcrap50! That's interesting information and I'll look into it.
  22. wondrous

Hey guys, I'm just looking for your opinions on this reaction I'm having. Every so often, when I wake up in the morning, I'll awaken in the fight or flight response; feelings of doom and gloom, racing heart, and just raw panic. Sometimes it's so bad that my whole body is shaking and this can...
  23. wondrous

@Mary What do you think of this? I was reading on a review for a multivitamin that most citrates are derived from corn, and corn is heavily sulfited during processing. The ascorbic acid from the brand I used is derived from corn. Do you think that with my sulfur sensitivity, my body was able to...
  24. wondrous

@Mary Thank you for your response and research! I'll have to think hard back to what else I possibly put into my body on that same day. It was pretty much the same reaction I have after consuming too much sulfur.
  25. wondrous

@dannybex You would think that, but whenever I have a reaction to something, it's usually experienced the following morning upon waking up. I really want the reaction to not be due to the vitamin c. :confused: Thank you for the response!
  26. wondrous

Hey guys, I had a bad reaction to vitamin C and I think it has to do with my hormones/adrenal fatigue. I broke open a 1000mg capsule of vitamin C from a very reputable company, sprinkled just a pixie dust amount into a cup, added water, and swallowed. I was fine for the remainder of the day...
  27. wondrous

Thanks for your response, JES! I have been working on my sleep, and it definitely makes a world of difference, but I find that through external stimulation of my scalp in some way, something inside of my head is released that makes me feel bad. @Cheesus proposed Dr. Perrin's theory of toxins...
  28. wondrous

@Cheesus Wow, the Perrin Technique hit me like a ton of bricks. Is this for real? For so long I've been describing my symptoms as being "poisoned" -- no doctors could make sense of it -- and here is a physician who uses the exact word I do. "Resonate" it definitely did! :eek:
  29. wondrous

I know the body has inherent methods for detoxifying itself: the liver, kidneys, etc. However, if I'm not mistaken, the body stores toxins in fat cells if they're not processed through one of these inherent detox channels. I am having an issue with what I believe to be a cycle of release and...
  30. wondrous

Yeast, sulfur, and heavy metals: How to proceed with treatment?

After taking just a 1/2 of a drop of Spraga by Nutramedix 2x over a 2 day period to help purge suspected excess sulfur, 2 days later, I began to develop some strange symptoms which I immediately attributed to heavy metals. I've read from Andy Cutler, that when sulfur is mobilized, it also...