• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Interpretation of KdM results

@SB_1108 I was prescribed Xifaxan (or Normix) 200mg 3x1/day for 2 months
  2. F

Adding the interpretation of my test results ad treatment plan for in case it helps others: I was diagnosed with a “gut-immune-neurotoxin disorder”, likely triggered by a Yersinia infection. I may also have Lyme disease but the Elispot LTT test was not convincing. The neuro-inflammation is...
  3. F

Hi @Susanne Thanks for your response. My initial diagnosis seems to be that I have a leaky gut with gram negative bacteria ending up in my bloodstream and causing inflammation, including in the brain. I will soon receive my treatment plan. I will PM you so we can compare notes. Thx
  4. F

Acumen Test Results

Hi @Mij, Yes I have been taking - Zinc (50mg) since the test showed I was low (and good anti-oxidant) - 5HTP to improve sleep and create more serotonin - Magnesium (I was already taking this but test showed I was low) - GSH (I wasn't that low on Glutathione but showed signs of oxidative...
  5. F

Acumen Test Results

Hi @GlassHouse (not sure how to create a link...), Yes, this is the same test. Dr. Myhill doesn't do these tests herself but also uses the Acumen lab. Dr. John McLaren Howard set up this lab after he retired from BioLab. He must be in his 70s now. This is what Acumen say about new tests...
  6. F

Acumen Test Results

After testing at Acumen three times in the space of 5 months, I can see progress a cross a number of markers. My whole cell ATP is now normal for example although my provision of new ATP is still poor. However, I don't yet feel any different. My GP says that the brain only registers these...
  7. F

Yes, I was also tested (negative or normal) for the following Babesia Bartonella Brucella Coxsackie ENTV FASCIO FILAR HHV6 KYNA LEPTO MycoB MycoFERM SCHISTO TULAR VEGF Alternaria Aspergillus Candida Cladosporium Penicillium BB IgG / IgM Coxsiella Rickettsia NAGA Chlamydia (6 types) Toxoplasmosis
  8. F

In Belgium to see Dr de Meirleir

Thanks for the tip, Helen. I just started my own thread.
  9. F

Hi, I am new. I have had CFS for 3 years now. It started after a throat infection and I have never had tick bites as far as I know. I have some of my test results back (see some of the results below from RED and Armin Labs) and am trying to get smarter before speaking to the doc next month...
  10. F

I just received my Borrelia EliSpot results: 1 Borrelia b. Full Antigen: 2 SI (< 2) 1 Borrelia b. OSP Mix: 1 SI (< 2) 1 Borrelia burgdorferi LFA-1: 3 SI (<2) My CFS started after a throat infection and I have never had tick bites as far as I know. My bartonella test was negative. Does anyone...
  11. F

How to handle parties/social events when you HAVE to go

I try to go early and leave early. I usually stay close to my wife so she can do most of the talking (my voice starts to fade if I talk for too long) and when I do say things, I try to ask open questions so other can do the talking. If we have to go out for dinner with another couple, I try make...
  12. F

Interesting. I did two Acumen tests earlier this year and the second showed improvements 6 weeks after doing the first but I also didn't feel any difference. My GP said it takes 6 months for the brain to register some of these improvements.
  13. F

No, he did not order these tests. But I am still waiting for the results from Lab Medische Ontledingen, Arminlabs, Biotek, stool and urine.
  14. F

Hi, I am new. I have had CFS for 3 years now. I have some of my test results back (see below the abnormal results from RED / KdM) and am trying to get smarter before speaking to the doc next month. My question is, do others take L-carnitine to address high ammonia levels? Thanks! Ammonia in...