• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. fla

New Biomarker for IBS

Neuro-immune proteins again: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120507141148.htm
  2. fla

Meshing the positive Rituximab treatment results with the GD-MCB hypothesis

In my case I had three autoimmune disorders before getting M.E. and I've seen many people on the forums report the same thing. With all the joints cracking for years, I would suspect some of us were genetically predisposed to carrying some level of oxidative stress even before coming down with...
  3. fla

Could aluminum in our bodies act as an antigen and make us sick?

But if the aluminum remains in place and the immune system is constantly fighting a never ending battle against it, even though no tissue damage is done, the battle itself may be a cause for glutathione depletion and the many bad symptoms associated with that.
  4. fla

Thanks for the links Alex. It does convince me to avoid absorbing aluminum. Anything that can confuse my immune system is a no-no... it's dysfunctional enough as it is.
  5. fla

8th International congress on autoimmunity - interesting!

Thanks for posting. For a conference about autoimmunity, there seems to be a lot of talk about vaccines and aluminum adjuvents.
  6. fla

The paper title says "antibody toward free and protein-bound aluminum". He also repeats it "both protein-bound and free" emphasizing the word "free". I'm not saying he or the paper's authors are right, I'm just repeating what they said.
  7. fla

If you watch the talk in the link at the top of this thread yes it can.
  8. fla

Paper about "ASIA' - autoimmune/inflammatory syndrome induced by adjuvants" "four conditions: siliconosis, the Gulf war syndrome (GWS), the macrophagic myofasciitis syndrome (MMF) and post-vaccination phenomena were linked with previous exposure to an adjuvant"
  9. fla

Catastrophic Autism Rate Now 1 in 88, 1 in 54 Boys; via Canary Party

Looks like some damaging EMF biological effects can vary depending on sex.
  10. fla

Revised Glutathione Depletion--Methylation Cycle Block Hypothesis for ME/CFS

So what are the key changes in this revision? For a neophyte it's hard to tell exactly. Since evolution is a relatively slow process I don't think #1 genetic predisposition can explain the increasing rates of M.E.. I would think #2 stressors (particularly environmental, including nutritional)...
  11. fla

Do headphones present a potential risk to us because of EMF's?

Well if EMF's are causing oxidative stress and consequently glutathione depletion and you remove a significant (doubtful headphones alone are significant) cause of oxidative stress, giving a chance for the body to replenish glutathione, you would expect a delayed response. Richvank explained...
  12. fla

Autism linked to obesity now? Might explain rising ASD rates in North America but not South Korea. http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/04/09/health-autism-obesity.html
  13. fla

Do headphones present a potential risk to us because of EMF's?

If you were EMF sensitive you would probably have tinnitus which comes more from electromagnetic radiation than from magnetic fields like magnets. If you are in an area with EMF, and who isn't these days, the long headphone wires going close to your ears can act as antennas and capture and...
  14. fla

Environmental studies are starting to come out but the media is only ignoring or ridiculing them (german, use google translate). On another heavy metals and autism thread I mentioned a study showing autism is 1 in 38 children in South Korea and a clinical study that saw autistic children...
  15. fla

Where are we on understanding and treating ME/CFS today?

As always thanks rich for your brilliant work.:thumbs up: I'm convinced richvank's theory will prove to be correct in the long run. The only remaining difficulty lies in identifying the original etiologies that put stress on our glutathione to begin with. This can vary from person to person...
  16. fla

Hair minerals testing in autism

This clinical study found that in children with autism, "heavy metal detoxification was greatly facilitated by the elimination of EMR from the treatment environment." BTW South Korea, one of the most modern countries with ubiquitous use of wireless technologies, has an autism rate of 1 in 38...
  17. fla

Histamine results

I heard from a new friend that high histamine levels are sometimes associated to EMF intolerance and found this with a quick google.
  18. fla

Newcastle Uni Alzheimer's Blood Test

This sounds a lot like the autism test in this thread with the levels of some signalling/control proteins being altered. This is exactly what I expect the first M.E. blood test to look like but with altered levels of different proteins being involved. It's time to start looking at things that...
  19. fla

Live Blood Analysis

I wouldn't trust any diagnosis from a naturopath nor would I take their suggested treatment. I would like to see if a large percentage of M.E. sufferers have clumping/coagulation/rouleaux/sticky blood that hinders circulation. Remember Ken Lassenen's theory about Hughes Syndrome/sticky blood...
  20. fla

Live Blood Analysis

I posted videos about M.E. live blood analysis here showing clumping/sticky/rouleaux formation blood. The videos showing very similar blood "clumping" when exposed to EMF/EMR to me are enough for M.E. patients to consider reducing EMF/EMR exposure as a precaution. There are plenty of...
  21. fla

CDC: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: The Challenges in Primary Care: Interactive Training

Considering it was funded by the CDC it's better than expected. They should have mentioned that GET can be dangerous if the patient exceeds their anaerobic threshold but they didn't. Overall this is good progress from the CDC.
  22. fla

Biomarkers for autism discovered

Immune related proteins are a signature. An M.E. test is next with another immune related protein signature? http://www.nature.com/tp/journal/v2/n3/full/tp201219a.html
  23. fla

Best Doc to see?

Not that I have the money or strength to travel right now but if I did I'd go with Nancy Klimas. I know someone who has improved with her and I like the fact that she tests your anaerobic threshold giving you the number you need to pace safely so at least you won't get worse. I always keep...
  24. fla

If you could try Ritixumab would you?

This thread has lots of good comments about your question.
  25. fla

Pupil disfunction in POTS and OI

Interesting, the Muscarinic acetylcholine receptor M1 is related to stomach acid secretion and low stomach acid is related to vitiligo which a subset of us also have. I remember Montoya bringing up vitiligo in one of his videos. Someday all of these clues will fit nicely together.
  26. fla

CAA webinar on YouTube: Introducing the Research Institute Without Walls

If the link above fails try this link.
  27. fla

Pupil disfunction in POTS and OI

What sort of pupil dysfunction? I've always been especially prone to red eyes on photographs but I assumed my retina was just more reflective than everyone else's?
  28. fla

Interesting talk about aluminum acting as an antigen and in one case causing CFS sic. Aluminum is in antacids, antiperspirant, aspirin, sunscreen, vaccines... http://gaia-health.com/gaia-blog/2011-12-14/leach-aluminum-from-your-body-drink-silicon-rich-water/
  29. fla

[Fascinating] Depression: An Evolutionary Byproduct of Immune System?

The theory that depression is the immune system stuck in the "on" position or "sickness behavior" has been around for a decade as discussed here.
  30. fla

Orthostatic Intolerance

That's a very good question Andrew. Since most of the research seems to point to an abnormal immune response making us sick, why would less blood reaching the upper body increase that abnormal immune response? This paper even suggests that for some, low blood flow could be the cause of...